Friday dinner..9/2/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This is our plan for dinner tonight. I'll fry up four of these beautiful Aussie lamb chops from Costco, and steam the artichokes.

:yum::chef:

img_1478550_0_492b10a34ab83d4dbddf1a1ccaf8c14a.jpg

Last edited:
Wings and salad here, too. I have leftover garlic/lemon roasted wings from yesterday's dinner that I'll warm up, and the salad will be mainly sliced cucumber and tomatoes over romaine. Ranch dressing to top.

Daughter, SIL, and grandbaby were over for dinner. Grandbaby goes to bed at 6:00, so it was an early dinner. Grilled steak tips, corn on the cob, green salad, dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread. Grandbaby had beef (cut in tiny little pieces) for the first time and liked it. Same with the bread. Grandbaby needs to have a diverse palate if he shows up for my cooking!

...Grandbaby needs to have a diverse palate if he shows up for my cooking!

I hear that! I wish I had my grandson often enough to loaded his palate. Neither of his parents have diverse palates so he was doomed from the beginning.

I'm experimenting again tonight. I cut up four small Russet potatoes and a thawed chicken breast, mixed them in a bowl with some olive oil, garlic powder (ran out of garlic), thyme, kosher salt, and pepper, and put them in the crock pot along with some chopped up onion. I'll be sprinkling some Parmesan cheese over everything when it's done.

You guys can help me out here. I have two cans of cream of potato that I was going to use for a potato casserole (I don't like cream of chicken). Do you think I should open one or both cans for the crock pot or leave as is? And anything else I should add, like basil or Italian seasoning?

Last edited:
I flew to Michigan today to spend a week with my mom at a rental house she and my brother own on Lake Michigan. I've just been snacking this afternoon. Been a long day of flying and then driving and being slowed down by accidents on the highway. So tired. I can't wait to get to bed.

We're planning on a better dinner tomorrow. Stay tuned ;)

Thank you, GG and Kathy!

I added a can of cream of potato and some paprika - I'm out of mustard and thyme. But I got hungry and decided to take it all out of the crock pot and put it in a casserole dish. Now it's in the oven. I covered it with foil - not sure what I'm doing at this point - but I think about 45 minutes @ 350° and I should be good to go. I just hope it's edible.

Delicious looking, Joey. :yum:

Do we get to hear how dinner turned out, rr?

GG, have a great vacation with the family!

Himself was out astronomy-ing again, so I made salads (ate mine before he got home) and griddled sandwiches. Using sourdough for the bread, I used sauteed chicken cutlets seasoned with McCormick's Rotisserie Chicken seasoning, layered that in between the slices with sauteed mushrooms, microwaved bacon, and cheese. One sandwich with Havarti, one with Provolone, then cut and shared half/half. I would have skipped cheese, but I needed something to glue the sandwich together. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2016-09-02 22.28.28.jpg
    2016-09-02 22.28.28.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 120
It's edible and not bad, but I probably won't make this again. Somehow I don't think chicken and potatoes were meant to go together. Next time I might do potatoes and hamburger (with bacon) and instead of Parmesan cheese, I'll add cheddar.

Chilled out and waiting for the steam bath, Maryland style that is.
36788-albums309-picture6663.jpg

The beer is ice cold, Karen made a potato-corn salad with Buttermilk dressing and time to get picking.:yum: We had some left over shrimp for a cocktail appi.

36788-albums309-picture6664.jpg

We had...

A spicy Italian sub sandwich from Subway

A few dill pickle flavored chips

A can of Fanta Orange Soda

And watermelon for dessert

Back
Top Bottom