Substituting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarolPa

Executive Chef
I have a recipe for Blueberry Pound Cake. It calls for an 8 oz container of low fat yogurt. When I was shopping, I was thinking of sour cream pound cake, and I bought sour cream instead of yogurt. Could I use that in place of the yogurt? It has a similar consistancy.

I agree. Many recipe that call for yogurt are low-fat/calorie versions of recipes using sour cream.

I also agree. Plain yogurt and sour cream are interchangeable in most cases. Go for it! :yum::chef:

Forget the pound cake, Carol, it's good seeing YOU! :clap: Hope all is well with you and your Mister.

Oh, yeah, use sour cream. Think of it as higher fat yogurt. ;)

What little baking I do, I also have subbed sour cream for plain yogurt with great results. And the opposite, with the same good outcome.

Mmmm....Blueberry Pound Cake sounds wonderful either way! :yum:

Expect all of us to visit, CarolPa. We're all interested in blueberry pound cake. :yum:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. The original recipe I saw called for using a box cake mix, but I found a similar recipe online that is more of a scratch recipe and the ingredients appear to be what would be in the cake mix. I will post the recipe on the recipe thread. I have been dragging my feet making this because it's been so hot to turn on the oven, but I have to get to it soon! DH likes blueberries and loves cake! As a diabetic, I can eat the blueberries but not the cake. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom