Saturday, 9-10-16 what are you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pierogis from the Michael Symon beef cheek recipe GG posted a few days ago, except I used short ribs and the pressure cooker. Craig made sautéed cabbage with onions and bacon.

I'll be grilling Cajun spice rubbed country-style ribs. We'll have a tossed salad with the ribs.

Tonight was homemade chili (using Chili-O chili mix) with added onion, green peppers, chilies and spices. Served over brown

Andy, we were on the same wave length clear across the country. Grilled country style ribs and a salad here, too! :LOL: :yum: Mine will be brushed with a little Bulls Eye hickory smoked bbq sauce as they're grilling. Just fired up the Weber, and I'm fixin' to start chopping veggies for the salad.

Last edited:
Chili here tonight. I made up a big batch this afternoon to have for the game tomorrow and thought, as long as it's sitting on the stove, I might as well have it tonight, too, and not dirty any more dishes.

Baking some breaded chicken nuggets I'd made a while ago from my schizophrenic freezer. Will make some honey mustard dipping sauce.

37240-albums1041-picture6670.jpg

We'll have to make the cabbage from red cabbage next time to get some color so it's not all beiges and browns, but they were PDG.

Brined thick cut boneless pork chops, seasoned with HdP and well seared in duck fat, then finished in shallots and mushrooms deglazed with wine/Dijon/cream. Steamed broccolini, and one baked potato made a little seasoned potato casserole for him, and stuffed potato skins for me.
PDG.:chef:

One grilled country style rib for tonight, the rest for leftovers. I let the ribs rest in a covered casserole dish when they came off the grill while I finished making the salad, and spooned some of the rendered fatty juices back over the ribs. :) They turned out fork tender and delish. :yum:

Attachments

• country style pork rib and salad.jpg
    country style pork rib and salad.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
We had Fettuccine Alfredo and salad with ranchoid dressing.

Attachments

• IMG_20160910_201544.jpg
    IMG_20160910_201544.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20160910_201947.jpg
    IMG_20160910_201947.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 121
medtran, did you use the dough recipe, too? It's so much richer than the one I made (once), so it looks like it might be easier to work with, not to mention almost melty in the mouth. They certainly look good.

That looks like one spicy sauce on your pulled pork, s&p.

taxy, what is "ranchoid dressing"? :huh: BTW, your dinner looks yummy, too.

Himself had another sky viewing night, so I made an "eat it when you want it" supper. l sliced all of the leftover pork roast from earlier in the week and tossed it into the slow cooker with a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, made potato salad and coleslaw, and finished up the last of the pickles from this year's Batch One. Lots of pork and salad for leftovers in a few days, just enough slaw for Himself.

Attachments

• 2016-09-10 21.42.43.jpg
    2016-09-10 21.42.43.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 111
I browned chicken thighs, then sautéed peppers and onions in the fat and added a sauce of cream of chicken soup, homemade Dijon mustard, a bit of leftover Alfredo sauce and Penzeys Fox Point seasoning.

Put the thighs back and simmered till tender. Served it all over rice blend of white, red and wild rice cooked with Fox Point and chicken broth. Pretty tasty.

Attachments

• 1473564353942.jpg
    1473564353942.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 111
All this food looks lovely.

Yesterday was insanely hit for being September in Sweden , it was like July. We was going to have Indian food, but I did a Columbus and ended up with Mexican. Lovely spicy chicken skewers with tortilla and veggies.

medtran, did you use the dough recipe, too? It's so much richer than the one I made (once), so it looks like it might be easier to work with, not to mention almost melty in the mouth. They certainly look good..

Yes. It was easy to work with, except it was starting to get a little sticky toward the end simply because it was so hot in the kitchen from the cabbage cooking and the water on the stove to boil. I'll post some comments on the pierogi thread about some changes I'd make.

Such yummy looking meals.

CG, ranchoid dressing is sort like ranch dressing. This time it was yogourt, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, a splash of cider vinegar, and a couple of glugs of fish sauce.

One grilled country style rib for tonight, the rest for leftovers. I let the ribs rest in a covered casserole dish when they came off the grill while I finished making the salad, and spooned some of the rendered fatty juices back over the ribs. :) They turned out fork tender and delish. :yum:

Looks so good...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom