Goodwill thrift store is making me do the "happy dance" again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I admit. I'm a junkie. A junk store junkie, that is. But, as many of you know who suffer from the same addiction, we don't always come across trashy stuff. This has been evidenced by my finds of a Romertopf clay baker a while back and my recent theft of a bread machine for my friend.

Well, today, I should go to jail!!

As I said, I'm hooked and, when I go to "town" to grocery shop on Tuesdays I nearly always stop at Goodwill. Well, after all, it IS only three doors down from the market. What am I supposed to do?

At any rate, I did my usual grazing of the racks and shelves and, as if a beam of light was shining on it, I spied a complete Atlas pasta maker...with 2 heads. One is the usual one that comes with the machine, makes two widths of pasta. But, and here's where I almost yelled, "Well, slap my momma!" There was also the ravioli head.

Every piece was there, handle, clamp, etc. Every part was perfect, no rust, no food particles. Nearly surgically clean. Perhaps a little dust. Heh! Me, I don't care about a little dust.

I forked over a nice picture of Abe Lincoln and left with a smile on my face.

I haven't tried to see if it fits on my Atlas machine, but it really doesn't matter since this was a complete outfit. If it does, I can sell the rest. But it looks like homemade ravioli is in our future however it gets made.

Wow, Katie, you do have the touch! My best friend loves thrift shopping - she calls them her "specialty shops" :LOL: She's been buying most of her wardrobe that way for years, as well as household items. She doesn't cook much, but she loves to decorate and redecorate ...

Great find :)

Nice find, Katie! I paid a hefty amount many years ago for my Atlas. I use it for processing polymer clay instead of pasta.

Back
Top Bottom