Dinner Plans for Tuesday the 27th of September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Our dinner tonight will be garlicky shrimp with parsley and anise along with a tossed salad. This is a dirty finger meal where you peel and eat the shrimp that has been cooked in the shell.

Some type of leftover, probably sour cream chicken enchiladas and some of the ever present tomato, cucumber, mozz cheese, basil, and oil and vinegar salad.

I made a green chile sauce today and it is way too hot. I may try to dilute it with something to go over the enchiladas.

Ummm did we jump into the future? It's Tuesday here. LOL
Not sure what's for dinner.

Nice catch, MsM. Fixed.

I'll have to peruse the fridge. DH gets 3 days of business dinners and lunches, so I'm on my own.

Last edited:
I cut some rib eyes on Sunday to bring to my daughter for her birthday. Turns out she had a change in plans and I ended up not going. The steaks have been in the fridge for two days and I won't be seeing her for a few more so too bad for her. I'm eating them....you snooze, you looze....

Leftovers of a variety of flavors here, along with a few of the last garden tomatoes and a lone cucumber. The highlight of the meal will be dessert...a bowl of Breyer's creamsicle ice cream. Glenn's son told us about the ice cream over the weekend and I succumbed to its charms while grocery shopping today. Especially since it was on SALE. That's enough justification, isn't it?

Supermarket had fresh sword for $7.99 / lb., so it didn't take too much thought to make a decision for dinner. Soy and garlic marinade, then grilled. I had some fresh penne in the fridge, so it was tossed with steamed asparagus and ricotta.

We got Chinese takeout Saturday, so I repurposed the leftovers for tonight's dinner. I made a veggie stir-fry with fresh onions, celery and bell peppers with brown sauce and mixed in the orange chicken and boneless ribs. I served it over reheated pork fried rice to which I added soy sauce, ginger-flavored sherry and sesame oil. Not bad :chef:

Our dinner tonight will be garlicky shrimp with parsley and anise along with a tossed salad. This is a dirty finger meal where you peel and eat the shrimp that has been cooked in the shell.

Andy, this sounds so good and is one of my favorite ways to have shrimp - roasted or grilled in the shell, and peel and eat at the table. I'm more than willing to have a damp tea towel in a bowl at the table to clean my fingers in order to have that extra flavor and tenderness from cooking those lovelies shell-on. My family doesn't agree. :ermm::LOL: I'd probably skip the anise because I'm not a fan, but that's just me. :)

I save the shells and throw them in a ziplock in the freezer, hoping to make a killer broth sometime for a seafood soup or stew. :yum:

Andy, this sounds so good and is one of my favorite ways to have shrimp - roasted or grilled in the shell, and peel and eat at the table. I'm more than willing to have a damp tea towel in a bowl at the table to clean my fingers in order to have that extra flavor and tenderness from cooking those lovelies shell-on. My family doesn't agree. :ermm::LOL: I'd probably skip the anise because I'm not a fan, but that's just me. :)

I save the shells and throw them in a ziplock in the freezer, hoping to make a killer broth sometime for a seafood soup or stew. :yum:

Cheryl, I'm not a fan of anise either but it's not objectionable in this recipe. I am mostly opposed to presenting food to guests that they have to work to eat. So I typically don't leave shrimp tails or shells on for presentation. This is a different type of dish that's intended as finger food.

I save all my plain shrimp shells too. But not these as they are too highly seasoned.

Reverse seared NY steak w/ swiss, artichoke w/ garlic aoli and garlic mashed potapoes.

img_1481958_0_37a75616851e68de5315126cf9e33610.jpg

img_1481958_1_b292c056657ee1336b1bcd4c4ad3f5a8.jpg

Last edited:
Some type of leftover, probably sour cream chicken enchiladas and some of the ever present tomato, cucumber, mozz cheese, basil, and oil and vinegar salad.

I made a green chile sauce today and it is way too hot. I may try to dilute it with something to go over the enchiladas.

Beth, have you & DH met up with K and SC yet?
Just dying to know...

Himself said he had a taste for a grilled cheese sandwich. :huh: I guess I've been making too many fancy-pants dinners lately! We those (mine with tomato) plus salads and some of the leftover ham-and-bean soup.

Attachments

• 2016-09-27 20.50.16.jpg
    2016-09-27 20.50.16.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 117
Joey - Wow that looks great. I have a question. How did you cook the steak? I saw an article a few weeks past that used the oven at 210 F for something like 90 minutes and then seared over a charcoal chimney. Very interested on your experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom