Auto-correct wars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to assume this is a game that is played on an iphone or some such gadget that is like a smart phone (which is seriously flawed in name) and that in addition the gadget has a app specifically tailored to doing the auto correct.

So given that I don't have that gadget, and I don't have that app, my only experience with auto correct, is within my emails, which I've turned off because my auto correct thinks it is 22 years old and doesn't jive with my 56 year old attitude. Yes, I said, "jive".

I imagine when someone figures out that auto correct is culturally-specific and age-specific, we'll get a better auto correct product. This would be similar to having GPS and choosing which voice you want, that sexy australian female or the casanova de parmesan.

So enjoy your game but I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm 60 and find auto correct to be a great tool.
Its no longer cool to be the one that has no smart phone.
I will admit my first smart phone was because my wife wanted one.
Now i use my phone for many things and find it to be quite helpful.
Living in the past is for people afraid of the future.

I'm actually not really living in the past, I CAN use texting on my phone, I just don't use it much. By the time I start using it, I can figure it all out. I have a degree in Management Computer Systems which is kind of funny since I'm a (marketing term) 'late adopter'. I just keep searching and punching buttons until I get the results I want.

The funniest texting issue I had was some stranger texting me by accident, telling me to pack my bag and meet him outside the school gym entrance. I thought it was so intriguing, to meet this stranger, obviously a secret meeting, oh bliss, what fun this day could be! What will we be doing? I texted him back, 'ha ha', hoping he'd realize he'd texted the wrong number, and he 'ha ha'd' me back.

I use a lot of email and skype, and the auto correct kept suggesting I use 'zoo' instead of xxoo, so I taught it xxoo and xxxooo, so it would leave me alone. I thought it was too silly to sign my letters, zoo, mom.

I've had a smart phone (iPhone) for a year and am enjoying it. Aside from the phone function, it's like having a computer with you at all times. Instant access to information. There's never an unanswered question. I also like that it syncs with my laptop.

I've had a smart phone (iPhone) for a year and am enjoying it. Aside from the phone function, it's like having a computer with you at all times. Instant access to information. There's never an unanswered question. I also like that it syncs with my laptop.

This my second smart phone, but I did use a flip phone for many years prior to these last two.
I go to a bar once or twice a week and having immediate access to information can be real handy.
Many wives tales have been debunked by those who have smart phones.
Believe it or not, there are still some people that think there is no way you could get any useful information out of the rectangle with a screen on it.
Especially when they are dead set on believing wives tales.

I'm using a keyboard replacement app called SwiftKey. It helps with a lot of these issues. Love it ?
https://swiftkey.com

And I sure do love my aptly named smartphone ;) In fact, I just ordered a new one because I keep running out of space on the one I have.

Back to the game: I think it's easier to drain it off as needed to be used to be a learning experience for me to the recipe :ermm:

Last edited:
My old Nokia still have charge in the battery, my husband check, that is over 10 years since I turned it off, cant connect to any thing but yeah still works.

Ok, I got an update and auto cucumber came back.. Argh So I tried.

Menstruating dolphins galore ax murderer admire abhor....

Even my auto cucumber is a poet.

Also got Swedish one.
får får får får får får får

Which means well yeah.. I am not sure the word får means both sheep, does and get..

:ROFLMAO:

Had no idea dolphins menstruated! And I swim with them in the wild! I'll bring some products next time. And more for the ax murder cleanup.

Last edited:
DH had to send an email to a query for the company he works for. The query asked what products they have. He wrote back ethyl alcohol, starch, and maltodexterin. Except autocorrect made it ethyl alcohol, starch, and extramaritals...

Thankfully he caught it in time. Might have made him quite popular.

Have had numerous hysterical 'auto-corrects' - but in the end was just too annoying. Turned it off. Much happier texter now.

I text a lot. It is a god-send. People answer when they can. Neither of my sons can use their phones at work, but they can text. They always answer, even if it is only to say... later... at least I know they always get the message and will answer me when they can.

They also know right away if it is an emergency or if the answer can wait.

Both my daughters live out west - 2 hour difference - I can text them whenever and they get the messages when they get up or... then they answer when they want to! No pressures. Again, emergency known right away or just a note to say hello, whacha doin'

For long messages I use the voice option. Again, imperative you check what is printed! LOL can be some pretty funny 'translations' there too!

I've had a smart phone (iPhone) for a year.. **.. I also like that it syncs with my laptop.

I have an on going contest with my son - He has an iPhone and I have an Android. Whenever he uses a function and I express interest the phrase is "Well, if you had an iPhone instead of a crappy Android, you could do this too"

I'm not very talented in this age of computers and digital, etc. but I start searching around and usually find it on my phone. So of course, I can text back, AHA! not so crappy after all - I have it too! thhbbb to the iPhone!

We once had to meet at a halfway point (he is 6 hours from me). We met, we each headed home. An hour later I text him "been doing less than 5 kph and have almost covered 5 k, in half an hour."
He texted back - "It clears just after 'such'nsuch' mile marker" "How do you know?" "I have an iPhone :)"
after I got home, finally found how to use it - "Well, I have an Android and can do it too..:winkiss:

sync:- funny to have tablet, laptop and phone all signal at the same time.

Start a reply and press the middle word or phrase in the auto-correct row 20 times. That's it. That's your sentence.

I don't have an auto-correct row to start a thread. Having an iPhone, there is a basic assumption I know how to begin a thought.:rolleyes:

I don't have an auto-correct row to start a thread. Having an iPhone, there is a basic assumption I know how to begin a thought.:rolleyes:

Well, that was your first mistake ;) DH has an iPhone. I hate trying to use it. Not often, but sometimes when we're driving, he'll get a text and ask me to text back to them. I get all frustrated with it. "This keyboard is useless!" Constantly have to press buttons to get numbers or capitalize something obvious. So annoying :LOL:

I hate it when a pharmacy delivery person hands me their phone to type something in. I hand it back to them, it would take me longer to learn how to use it than it takes to spell out what they need to input.

Well, that was your first mistake ;) DH has an iPhone. I hate trying to use it. Not often, but sometimes when we're driving, he'll get a text and ask me to text back to them. I get all frustrated with it. "This keyboard is useless!" Constantly have to press buttons to get numbers or capitalize something obvious. So annoying :LOL:

What model/version of Iphone does your husband have?
I was having issues with my Iphone 4 (3G) and so was my wife.
Once we upgraded to Iphone 6, (4G) those issues went away.
I find the Android platform to be harder to deal with, but insight tells me its because I don't use the Android platform. That alone makes it more difficult.
I am also certain if I had the Android, my preference would change as I learned to use it.

What model/version of Iphone does your husband have?
I was having issues with my Iphone 4 (3G) and so was my wife.
Once we upgraded to Iphone 6, (4G) those issues went away.
I find the Android platform to be harder to deal with, but insight tells me its because I don't use the Android platform. That alone makes it more difficult.
I am also certain if I had the Android, my preference would change as I learned to use it.

I have no idea what version he has. I did tech support for years at work, so I have an aversion to doing it at home ;) I tell him to ask his friends who use Apple products for help with it.

I have used Apple products over the years for work and at school (Communication Design class used Mac computers) and I dislike it. I don't think it's just about being used to it. Sometimes, the way certain software works is more intuitive and sometimes features I'm used to using are not available. At that time, for example, Macs had no right mouse button for a context menu, so getting to frequently used tools or options was more difficult.

I'm giving up on the game. Sigh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom