What's Cooking for Wednesday Oct. 12, 2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I get to start! Haven't done this in ages (It may be surprising what amuses someone who doesn't get out much :LOL:)

I made Philly Steak Sandwiches and Caesar salad. TB had his on a gluten free potato onion bun and I had the meat, mushrooms & onions on a plate with Caesar salad and a toasted English muffin (I can't chew very well until I get a load of dental work done).

It turned out quite good!

Have at it, LP! It's so nice to have you back!

I just roasted some cauliflower and carrots, and shaved some ham on the mandolin yesterday, so probably some combo of that.

Last edited:
I was out most of the day, so I leaned on Freschetta for pizza. In our view, this frozen pizza is hands down the best. I doctored it a bit by adding some chopped pepperoni and a little more shredded mozzarella. The pizza will be accompanied by a bowl of peperoncini peppers and the last of the summer beer to wash it down.

Italian sweet sausage, multicolored mini peppers, onions, garlic and vine tomatoes. May serve over linguine and side salad.

Wine is starting to kick in - may not make supper at all. Perhaps just some crackers and cheese... or maybe steam some more of those dumplings with butter and soy sauce.

hmmm, yes, think that will be it!

I don't feel like using the grill tonight, so I'm doing 1/2 a tri tip in the oven at 425 degrees with the convection roast setting. It takes about 20 min., and turns out as well as it does on the gas outside grill.
SC will have some chili beans, and we'll both have glorified salads.

Pork tenderloin on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts.

OH tenspeed.... :wub:

you had me at tenderloin, sweet potato and brussel sprouts
img_1483602_0_3bb690415646ef5aa87bc55fa30584e5.gif

Eggplant parmesan, fried the crumbed eggplant slices, topped with meat/tomato sauce with onions, topped with harvarti then parmesan. Delicious.

We had ham and beans and collard greens for supper. Made enough for four. Enough leftovers for one. :pig: *burp*

Wow, I get to start! Haven't done this in ages (It may be surprising what amuses someone who doesn't get out much...
Like riding a bike, LP, like riding a bike. You done good. ;)

Happy OctoberFest! I made pork schnitzel, späetzle and caramelized onion gravy and a pot of braised apples. It's not quite applesauce, since I didn't crush them. I used this fantastic whiskey-barrel aged maple syrup I bought at the farmers market in Michigan, along with apple cider, Penzeys Pie Spice and Cinnamon. Man, was that good.

I also used Penzeys onion powder, garlic powder and paprika in the flour dredge for the pork. It was really good, and I have leftovers for lunch :yum:

Attachments

• 1476359888539.jpg
    1476359888539.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 132
I don't feel like using the grill tonight, so I'm doing 1/2 a tri tip in the oven at 425 degrees with the convection roast setting. It takes about 20 min., and turns out as well as it does on the gas outside grill.
SC will have some chili beans, and we'll both have glorified salads.

I love ❤️ convection roast!!

I do all my roast beefs, meatballs and poultry that way. Really cuts down the cooking time on a whole turkey.

I don't really use convection bake because I don't se a big difference in regular or convection and forget to use it.

Back
Top Bottom