Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Trying to create solutions to cooking problems (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f6/trying-to-create-solutions-to-cooking-problems-97185.html)

The cooker man 12-13-2016 02:01 PM

Trying to create solutions to cooking problems

HI everyone.

I'm currently looking for common problems that people /cooks/chef's come across and deal with day in day out when it come to their cooking appliances, cooker's, ovens etc.

Look forward to hearing from you

di reston 12-13-2016 02:11 PM

Could you be a bit more specific, so that we can identify what the problems are?

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

CraigC 12-13-2016 02:12 PM

Not quite sure what you mean by "day in and day out problems"? Any time you get a new "cooker", be it an oven, oven/stove combo, grill, smoker, pit, etc. there will always be a learning curve. I personally don't consider that to be a problem.

erehweslefox 12-13-2016 03:42 PM

Hey cooker man, I suppose from your robot avatar and post, you are looking perhaps, to look at slow cookers and pressure cookers as a cooking thing? I'm pretty good with that.

I'd like to hear what the object is of your project here, anyway.

TBS

The cooker man 12-13-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by di reston (Post 1491638)
Could you be a bit more specific, so that we can identify what the problems are?

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I'm just trying to identify problems that people face, so for instance, doors too noisey, too difficult to clean, controls not user friendly, hobs not holding pan's upright, these are just a few things I have identified, but I wanted to ask a larger group of people to see if there are any common themes or things which really bother people. So basically any problems people come across when using their cookers etc.

GotGarlic 12-13-2016 05:23 PM

What is the purpose of your questions?

The cooker man 12-14-2016 01:09 AM

If I can identify common issues people come across, then I want to try to create solutions to these problems.

CraigC 12-14-2016 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The cooker man (Post 1491671)
Hi Craig

So.... I'm just trying to identify problems that people face, so for instance, doors too noisey, too difficult to clean, controls not user friendly, hobs not holding pan's upright, these are just a few things I have identified, but I wanted to ask a larger group of people to see if there are any common themes or things which really bother people. So basically any problems people come across when using their cookers etc

Why do you think someone needs a "solution" to something they can easily correct themselves?

larry_stewart 12-14-2016 06:34 AM

Well, to kick it off, The rubber 'sealing' strip on the fridge and freezer door is pealing a bit. My digital stove top has a safety lock which prevents kids ( and cats) from accidentally turning it on, which is great, but they didn't include the same lock on the timer. So, inf the middle of the night, the cats set it off, which is quite annoying. The freezer drawers were so poorly designed ( at least for me , anyway). Its annoying when there is a power outage, I have to reset like 100 digital clocks ( and you have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to do each one).

The cooker man 12-14-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigC (Post 1491770)
Why do you think someone needs a "solution" to something they can easily correct themselves?

Obviously I'm not asking to hear about problems people can solve themselves, that would be a little bit pointless if everyone could correct the issues themselves, then I wouldn't have this job! I'm asking about issues with peoples cooking appliances that they have no control over, the way things are made and anything that isn't particularly user friendly.
Thanks for your constructive input.