Trying to create solutions to cooking problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The cooker man

Assistant Cook
HI everyone.

I'm currently looking for common problems that people /cooks/chef's come across and deal with day in day out when it come to their cooking appliances, cooker's, ovens etc.

Look forward to hearing from you

Could you be a bit more specific, so that we can identify what the problems are?

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Not quite sure what you mean by "day in and day out problems"? Any time you get a new "cooker", be it an oven, oven/stove combo, grill, smoker, pit, etc. there will always be a learning curve. I personally don't consider that to be a problem.

Hey cooker man, I suppose from your robot avatar and post, you are looking perhaps, to look at slow cookers and pressure cookers as a cooking thing? I'm pretty good with that.

I'd like to hear what the object is of your project here, anyway.

TBS

Could you be a bit more specific, so that we can identify what the problems are?

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I'm just trying to identify problems that people face, so for instance, doors too noisey, too difficult to clean, controls not user friendly, hobs not holding pan's upright, these are just a few things I have identified, but I wanted to ask a larger group of people to see if there are any common themes or things which really bother people. So basically any problems people come across when using their cookers etc.

Hi Craig

So.... I'm just trying to identify problems that people face, so for instance, doors too noisey, too difficult to clean, controls not user friendly, hobs not holding pan's upright, these are just a few things I have identified, but I wanted to ask a larger group of people to see if there are any common themes or things which really bother people. So basically any problems people come across when using their cookers etc

Why do you think someone needs a "solution" to something they can easily correct themselves?

Well, to kick it off, The rubber 'sealing' strip on the fridge and freezer door is pealing a bit. My digital stove top has a safety lock which prevents kids ( and cats) from accidentally turning it on, which is great, but they didn't include the same lock on the timer. So, inf the middle of the night, the cats set it off, which is quite annoying. The freezer drawers were so poorly designed ( at least for me , anyway). Its annoying when there is a power outage, I have to reset like 100 digital clocks ( and you have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to do each one).

Why do you think someone needs a "solution" to something they can easily correct themselves?
Obviously I'm not asking to hear about problems people can solve themselves, that would be a little bit pointless if everyone could correct the issues themselves, then I wouldn't have this job! I'm asking about issues with peoples cooking appliances that they have no control over, the way things are made and anything that isn't particularly user friendly.
Thanks for your constructive input.

Well, to kick it off, The rubber 'sealing' strip on the fridge and freezer door is pealing a bit. My digital stove top has a safety lock which prevents kids ( and cats) from accidentally turning it on, which is great, but they didn't include the same lock on the timer. So, inf the middle of the night, the cats set it off, which is quite annoying. The freezer drawers were so poorly designed ( at least for me , anyway). Its annoying when there is a power outage, I have to reset like 100 digital clocks ( and you have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to do each one).

Hi Larry

Sounds like you don't have much luck with your appliances. The fridge seal in most cases should push into a tight groove which you may be able to do yourself with a flat screwdriver. I will look into the timer issue! I know what you mean about the freezer draws, all of ours are broken. Thanks for your message Larry, have a good Christmas.

Why not, we have thread with all kind off cooking tricks and advices, etc.

Is dirty filter above the stove considered a problem? If yes, I hate cleaning mine. I wish there was an easier way to deal with it.

Why not, we have thread with all kind off cooking tricks and advices, etc.

Is dirty filter above the stove considered a problem? If yes, I hate cleaning mine. I wish there was an easier way to deal with it.

How are you cleaning it now?

Obviously I'm not asking to hear about problems people can solve themselves, that would be a little bit pointless if everyone could correct the issues themselves, then I wouldn't have this job! I'm asking about issues with peoples cooking appliances that they have no control over, the way things are made and anything that isn't particularly user friendly.
Thanks for your constructive input.

Is it just me or does anyone else smell an agenda coming or some type of self/company promotion?:ermm: I do believe you can buy ad space here.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anyone else smell an agenda coming or some type of self/company promotion?:ermm: I do believe you can buy ad space here.

Perhaps not agenda but student project? :rolleyes:

Could even be simple market research?

This here internet is the wave of the future. ;)

Since The Cooker Man was asking about problems with cooking appliances, cooker's, ovens etc. I'll answer with this.

I don't care about all the fancy stuff new products offer. Being able to access my stove from the internet holds no interest to me.
I also don't care how many functions it has or if it can tap-dance while it cooks.
What I want is a product that preforms the basic need I bought it for and will last for a long time and not crap out .00001 second past it's warranty date. (Sorta like things were made in the past.)

If you can offer me a product like that at a price I can afford I'll buy it.

No, Chuck, that's the instructions for shampoo.
And tire rims. :D

It's an innocent enough question, albeit vague and difficult to answer within an unspecified context, but why be so cynical?

Be creative. The guy wants to work, so allow him to the task.

Ok, so, solutions to problems. I have one.

What is the best small toaster oven that will heat up quickly, but also cleans up easily, and doesn't have features that I don't need that can break down, and will last a long time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom