Sign painting party appys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Thinking. I may have as few as three or as many as 8 people. Ice storm is coming, so out-of-towners may not want to drive.

I was thinking mini meatballs and a veggie tray.

Other ideas?

My husband always wants me to make hummus to dip raw zucc, carrots, grape tomato, and chips in it; also likes spreading it on bread or toast with whatever we have in house (olives/cheese/salsa/lettuce/bacon bits).

You can add some variety to hummus by adding a handful of Kalamata olives or roasted red peppers.

You could make a couple of different dipping sauces for the meatballs.

Dawg, because I love ya, I'm trying so hard not to make jokes.

A heated raclette with thin slices of baguette, or a fondue might be nice.

BT, I'm interested in the jokes! Bring 'em on!

Looking in cupboard for garbanzo beans.

I also made a hummus variation recently by roasting a head of garlic and mixing the cloves into it. Then there's mini cheese balls on pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks. Antipasto skewers with salami, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cubes with balsamic aioli for dipping. Tzatziki with veggie sticks, pita chips and mini spanakopita for dipping.

About 10 years ago when hummus became popular, finding the dried garbanzo beans (chick peas) became more difficult. One year I could only get them in 20 lb bags (shared with coworkers). The nice thing about these dried beans is that they cook up pretty fast. Less than an hour and they are tender. I really like them.

Mini quiches? Make a couple fillings and use store bought crust. Use a Tassie pan. They can be served at room temp.

Kielbasa coins are quick, can be done at the last minute and added to the menu or not depending on how many show up. I suppose you could tell your guests it's just more of Trump's bologna, or is that baloney. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Slice a ring of kielbasa into coins, crush two cloves of garlic, place in a casserole with a tight fitting lid and a tablespoon of water, bake at 350-375 for approx. 30-35 minutes and serve.

Last edited:
Just thought of another one: a cup of refried beans and a cup of salsa, heated and mixed together, makes a really easy, delicious and healthy dip :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom