Hi! My name is Caitlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SatelliteEyes

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone!
I'm a very new home cook trying to learn about different efficiencies for making cooking less of a chore. I often wind up falling back on spaghetti or ordering out when I'm tired and low on time and I'm hoping to learn tips for <30 min prep/cook meals that are whole and healthy! I don't a slow cooker, but I've got a pressure cooker and I'd love to learn how to use that to make whole meals in one pot.

I am an engineer with a husband and 5 month old son. I live in Rochester, NY.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

Take a look at the Instant Pot thread we have going. There are several recipes and ideas there. There's are also several previous threads on quick healthy meals and preparing meals or ingredients in advance; a search will turn those up. Or if you have a specific question, feel free to ask :) We have a lot of experienced home cooks here.

Welcome to DC.

My daughter is in a similar situation as you. I gave her a rice cooker last Christmas, and they think it is one of the best kitchen tools ever. Dump in the ingredients, hit the start button, and ignore until dinner time. They have been making a lot of slow cooker meals (served over rice). I gave her an Instant Pot this year (which is a fast slow cooker), and it's being used for the first time tonight.

Welcome, Caitlin, with ya there, quick makes it less of a bother! 30 minutes is doable, I do it a lot, but do not have a pressure cooker atm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom