What's on your table Friday, Feb 3, 2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having black bean, yellow pepper and cumin chile. It's a vegetarian dish if you use vege broth, but we used chicken broth since we had that in the fridge. We also used a mix of peppers, red, yellow and orange bells plus some poblano since we had odds and ends from another meal leftover.

Swordfish on the grill, baked potatoes, steamed broc. It's a little chilly tonight (mid 20's F), but no wind, so I shouldn't have any problems grilling.

I decided to have some Irish coffee for dessert, along with 1 of the chocolate chip cookies we got for free this morning. Went out for breakfast and we had a waitress that never showed her face after she took our order and then left us sitting after we were done. A runner brought our food , which was good. After sitting for several minutes, once we were done, I started the stopwatch on my phone just to see how long it took her to show up with our bill. She showed up a couple of minutes later, saw the stopwatch running since I laid my phone on the table, made a little joke about if it was running to see how long it took us to eat, finally got around to asking if everything was okay and if we wanted anything more. Told her it was fine and just the check. She came back promptly with the check and the cookies. Suck up! BTW, it wasn't that busy, pretty late for a weekday b-fast.

Thanks, Caslon. The beef turned out perfectly.

We had eye of round roast per the instructions in the link Caslon posted, steamed broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes, red wine and pecan butter cookies (Kroger).

The roast was perfect. The method sounds bizarre but it''s wonderful.

Clean out the fridge dinner here. I chopped up the last of the spinach, asparagus, mushrooms and green onions, and made an omelet. Sliced up a pink lady apple for a side. I'm stuffed, tired, and ready for bed, but it's only 7:45 so I'm going to try to stay awake for at least another hour. :ermm::LOL:

DW made some some sort of pad thai from a box kit.

It tasted like the box in a way. I can't really describe it.

Second dinner coming up.

I realized my dinners were becoming run-of-the-mill (read: boring) while I was away from posting. Since I managed to get quite a few things accomplished around home during my DC break, I figure it's time to post again so we can get a little zing in the food. :LOL:

I had tossed a bunch of foods into the oven on Wednesday to get them out of the way. One was a pork loin (about 4 1/2 pounds) to use for slow cooker BBQ. Sliced some of the roast for dinner, warmed it in gravy (half mine, half Heinz), and made hot pork sandwiches over really good Wegmans Italian bread. Saute/steamed some frozen French green beans, and roasted a pan of red grapes. :yum: Himself really enjoyed those grapes! Finished up the Triple-chocolate cake I made earlier in the week. *blort* Must not bake goodies...

Attachments

• 2017-02-03 23.37.44.jpg
    2017-02-03 23.37.44.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 126
I decided to have some Irish coffee for dessert, along with 1 of the chocolate chip cookies we got for free this morning. Went out for breakfast and we had a waitress that never showed her face after she took our order and then left us sitting after we were done. A runner brought our food , which was good. After sitting for several minutes, once we were done, I started the stopwatch on my phone just to see how long it took her to show up with our bill. She showed up a couple of minutes later, saw the stopwatch running since I laid my phone on the table, made a little joke about if it was running to see how long it took us to eat, finally got around to asking if everything was okay and if we wanted anything more. Told her it was fine and just the check. She came back promptly with the check and the cookies. Suck up! BTW, it wasn't that busy, pretty late for a weekday b-fast.

medtran, the word TIP stands for To Insure Promptness. I hope you didn't leave her a tip. A few free cookies doesn't excuse her behavior or bad service.

Back
Top Bottom