Popeyes Waffle Batter Chicken Review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Okay so this not a new item at all, but this item is back for a limited time and the first time I saw it in my local area for sale.

This was also the first time I went to a non mall location for this brand.

I get to the place and most of parking spots were taking up by a delivery truck so I had to park at the business next door. At least I could see my car.

I get inside and make my order and had to wait 7 minutes for my order.

Not the first time I had to wait for my food at a Popeys.

Had to pay 7 bucks for this meal which was like 1.50 more than KFC.

What I did get though was like TWICE the amount of chicken at least in ounces than what KFC gave me. Still the same three pieces.

Now I love it when I have to wait for the chicken though.

The batter here was sweet, but not that extra special.

The chicken was better than what KFC gave me.

I will give my meal a big thumbs up, but I will go for the spicy chicken instead.

I love Popeye's. I've actually been to the original Popeye's on Canal Street in "Nawlins" several times. I always go spicy. They make a good fried chicken po-boy, too.

Oh, Popeye's red beans and rice is pretty darn good. It is my favorite fast food side item.

CD

My grandmother on my father's side used to make turkey and waffles the day after Thanksgiving -- every year. It was a family tradition that none of us totally understood, but nobody questioned.

It was turkey in a turkey-based sauce, served on top of freshly made from scratch waffles.

I have never met anyone who has even heard of turkey and waffles. I do find it hard to believe, though, that my grandmother was the only person who ever made turkey and waffles.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom