Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Monday's Dinner Menu 2-13-17 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/mondays-dinner-menu-2-13-17-a-97540.html)

Andy M. 02-13-2017 07:38 PM

Monday's Dinner Menu 2-13-17

I don't know about you guys but we had chicken noodle soup, a spinach and mushroom salad with bacon, hb eggs and a raspberry walnut dressing.

medtran49 02-13-2017 07:55 PM

Duchess quiche (Disney) with parcooked then pan fried potato cubes plus kiwi and strawberries. More strawberries macerated in triple sec and sugar with angel food cake and whipped cream for dessert.

Rocklobster 02-13-2017 08:29 PM

Spaghetti with oil and garlic. Salad with green beans and Gorgonzola...

Caslon 02-13-2017 09:38 PM

Smashmouth type cheeseburger, chips and a coke. I've given up shopping for hamburger presses, none are wide enough. I buy 85/15 ground sirloin and mash each 4 oz. meatball down flat by hand, then quick freeze them. I make them nice and wide so they end up fitting the larger size burger buns (after frying shrinkage).

caseydog 02-13-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocklobster (Post 1498952)
Spaghetti with oil and garlic. Salad with green beans and Gorgonzola...

Spaghetti with sautéed garlic and thin sliced cayenne peppers is on my short list for the next few days. In summer months, I add fresh basil from my garden. I didn't do it tonight, though.

Tonight, leftover lamb chops and spicy tater salad.

CD

Cheryl J 02-13-2017 09:48 PM

A big salad here, with all kinds of crunchy goodies. Romaine, cucumber, radishes, hard cooked egg, crumbled bacon, celery, carrot, red onion, and purple cabbage. Chopped it all, so that there was a little of everything in every bite. :yum: Topped with homemade sourdough/garlic croutons and Marie's Ranch Dressing. Roasted beets for a side, and a big glass of iced tea with lemon.

Wine will follow. :biggrin:

caseydog 02-13-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caslon (Post 1498959)
Smashmouth type cheeseburger, chips and a coke. I've given up shopping for hamburger presses, none are wide enough. I buy 85/15 ground sirloin and mash each 4 oz. meatball down flat by hand, then quick freeze them. I make them nice and wide so they end up fitting the larger size burger buns (after frying shrinkage).

I have a hamburger press. I seldom actually use it.

I like Smashburgers. I don't smash them until they hit the cast iron skillet. I put a pad of butter in the CI skillet, then plop the meatball down, and smash it flat.

I like thin burgers. Lots of caramelization on the meat. Char = flavor!

CD

Kayelle 02-13-2017 10:23 PM

We had Taco Salads tonight.

Shredded romaine, tri colored mini bell pepper rings, black sliced olives, avocado wedges, halved grape tomatoes, grated cheese, cilantro, thin sliced white onion. It was topped with the taco meat of gr. beef, chopped onion, and Penzey's Taco seasoning. The dressing was 2 parts Catalina dressing, and one part Ranch dressing with a squirt of Sriracha.
PDG...:yum:

bethzaring 02-13-2017 10:23 PM

Sausage gravy with mushrooms over home made bread/toast.

Kaneohegirlinaz 02-13-2017 11:32 PM

NO SUPPER HERE!
Had 2 VP's from the development company of our new community here this afternoon ... we had a couple pretty big concerns that we wanted addressed, but they didn't seem very respective. I'm hoping for a positive outcome, we'll see.
In the mean time, we both were just too upset to eat anything, just loads of discussion :sad: *sigh* Cross your fingers :turned: