Monday's Dinner Menu 2-13-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I don't know about you guys but we had chicken noodle soup, a spinach and mushroom salad with bacon, hb eggs and a raspberry walnut dressing.

Duchess quiche (Disney) with parcooked then pan fried potato cubes plus kiwi and strawberries. More strawberries macerated in triple sec and sugar with angel food cake and whipped cream for dessert.

Smashmouth type cheeseburger, chips and a coke. I've given up shopping for hamburger presses, none are wide enough. I buy 85/15 ground sirloin and mash each 4 oz. meatball down flat by hand, then quick freeze them. I make them nice and wide so they end up fitting the larger size burger buns (after frying shrinkage).

Last edited:
Spaghetti with oil and garlic. Salad with green beans and Gorgonzola...

Spaghetti with sautéed garlic and thin sliced cayenne peppers is on my short list for the next few days. In summer months, I add fresh basil from my garden. I didn't do it tonight, though.

Tonight, leftover lamb chops and spicy tater salad.

CD

A big salad here, with all kinds of crunchy goodies. Romaine, cucumber, radishes, hard cooked egg, crumbled bacon, celery, carrot, red onion, and purple cabbage. Chopped it all, so that there was a little of everything in every bite. :yum: Topped with homemade sourdough/garlic croutons and Marie's Ranch Dressing. Roasted beets for a side, and a big glass of iced tea with lemon.

Wine will follow. :D

Smashmouth type cheeseburger, chips and a coke. I've given up shopping for hamburger presses, none are wide enough. I buy 85/15 ground sirloin and mash each 4 oz. meatball down flat by hand, then quick freeze them. I make them nice and wide so they end up fitting the larger size burger buns (after frying shrinkage).

I have a hamburger press. I seldom actually use it.

I like Smashburgers. I don't smash them until they hit the cast iron skillet. I put a pad of butter in the CI skillet, then plop the meatball down, and smash it flat.

I like thin burgers. Lots of caramelization on the meat. Char = flavor!

CD

We had Taco Salads tonight.

Shredded romaine, tri colored mini bell pepper rings, black sliced olives, avocado wedges, halved grape tomatoes, grated cheese, cilantro, thin sliced white onion. It was topped with the taco meat of gr. beef, chopped onion, and Penzey's Taco seasoning. The dressing was 2 parts Catalina dressing, and one part Ranch dressing with a squirt of Sriracha.
PDG...:yum:

NO SUPPER HERE!
Had 2 VP's from the development company of our new community here this afternoon ... we had a couple pretty big concerns that we wanted addressed, but they didn't seem very respective. I'm hoping for a positive outcome, we'll see.
In the mean time, we both were just too upset to eat anything, just loads of discussion :( *sigh* Cross your fingers :turned:

My boy was checking out the possibility of joining a "nearby" rugby team, so we stopped off at an Irish pub on the way home for dinner.

We started with salads, and lentil and French onion soups.

Then DW had sautéed grouper with roasted spuds and veggies, my boy had corned beef, spuds and cabbage, and I had chicken Murphy.

Overpriced, to be sure - don't ya know, but it was tasty.

It's was a holiday here (BC Family Day) and TB had the day off so I put some short ribs in the crockpot and when they were done made a mushroom onion gravy. We had rice with it plus TB had Greek salad while I just had cucumbers.

I treated us to DQ for Valentines because I have a swallow test in the morning and TB works in the afternoon/evening.

;) :LOL:

37016.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom