Changes? hummm :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lutzzz

Senior Cook
I left here in October last year and joined C2C, which I've enjoyed immensely and from which I've learned a lot.

However I, like I'm sure many others, received an email yesterday announcing "changes" to this site... and since I'm stuck here in Seattle for a few more months while my "friend" graduates and takes the bar exam... and I'm "unemployed" (by choice).. I have time to kill, so I thought I'd drop back in here and see what's "changed".

First, hearty congratulations to the people (whoever you are) who designed/re-designed this site... NICE JOB!!! Translated, that means I'm impressed :)

Now I'll sit back and see what else has changed... to see if I stay here for 6 hours or 6 years :rolleyes:

Dave in Seattle aka "lutz" and "lutzzz" (loots).

Hi Lutzzz! I have seen you on C2C.

I am a member, but I do not post, since they are not my kind of folks. Welcome back.

Yes, choc.. I remember you from before. I seem to recall we had a brief PM chat about the OJ trial... but memory fades.

And yes, the C2C site is pretty top heavy with professional chefs.. if you ask how to prepare Soufflé au Fromage or Gratinée de Coquilles St Jacques you'll receive many responses...

But, if you ask if it's better to use oatmeal as a filler in your meatloaf rather than crushed soda crackers,, or "how come when I add milk to my Cream of Mushroom soup in my Tuna Casserole, it separates" the thread sometimes sinks faster than the Titanic.

Yeah, that's definitely an exaggeration on my part but... anyway. I think each site has something to offer and each site has a few members with an axe to grind in some way.. so nothing is perfect I guess :)

And there are, as I recall, a bunch of very nice helpful people here... so we'll see how it goes.

lutzzz said:
Yes, choc.. I remember you from before. I seem to recall we had a brief PM chat about the OJ trial... but memory fades.

And yes, the C2C site is pretty top heavy with professional chefs.. if you ask how to prepare Soufflé au Fromage or Gratinée de Coquilles St Jacques you'll receive many responses...

But, if you ask if it's better to use oatmeal as a filler in your meatloaf rather than crushed soda crackers,, or "how come when I add milk to my Cream of Mushroom soup in my Tuna Casserole, it separates" the thread sometimes sinks faster than the Titanic.

Yeah, that's definitely an exaggeration on my part but... anyway. I think each site has something to offer and each site has a few members with an axe to grind in some way.. so nothing is perfect I guess :)

And there are, as I recall, a bunch of very nice helpful people here... so we'll see how it goes.

Well, if you check out the responses to the few posts I made on C2C, I think you will see what I mean. :sick:

But hey, if you like it there, more power to you. Different strokes for different folks I say.

I love it here, and again.....welcome back.

Enjoy Seattle!! I'm in Issaquah just up the road from you. It's nice having a member
in my part of the world. Hope you like the changes that have come about. This is a great site.

Welcome Back Lutzz!

:) I am a fairly new member, i dont know what it was like before all the changes. But, im telling you right now, this site ROCKS!! I enjoy it immensely! Hope you find it as knowledgeable as i do. Have Fun! But, DONT go to the woodshed! Hehehehe!:LOL:

Thank you, Trish!

Yes, trish.. I'm sitting here watching the Edmonds/Kingston ferry boat "putt-putt" across the sound on a very dull, dreary, gray day :) but no rain YET! ... probably the same down where you are.

One thing I'm going to miss here is having the ability to post a picture... on C2C, for example, I've explained/helped some with BBQ ribs, butt, & brisket.. and could post some pictures of some things I cooked as examples... but I can't do that here. Just have to get better with words I guess...

I enjoyed this site the last time I was here and most of the people... but I ran into some "attitudes" that I didn't agree with... so I left. Guess I'll have to see how far the "changes" extend.

Thank you for the welcome!

We would love to see pictures of what you've cooked.

What kind of cookers do you have?

Yu can post photos here, simply attach them to your posts. Also, you can upload them to your photo gallery (see the link at the top of the page).

lutzzz said:
Yes, trish.. I'm sitting here watching the Edmonds/Kingston ferry boat "putt-putt" across the sound on a very dull, dreary, gray day :) but no rain YET! ... probably the same down where you are.

One thing I'm going to miss here is having the ability to post a picture... on C2C, for example, I've explained/helped some with BBQ ribs, butt, & brisket.. and could post some pictures of some things I cooked as examples... but I can't do that here. Just have to get better with words I guess...

I enjoyed this site the last time I was here and most of the people... but I ran into some "attitudes" that I didn't agree with... so I left. Guess I'll have to see how far the "changes" extend.

I love Edmonds it's a pretty little town.

You can post photos here now. That was one of the changes. Just go up to MEMBERS PHOTOS and you can upload your shots. It's really easy. If I can do it anyone can!
:chef:

Well, I guess I did not have the photos as attachments setup properly. I just got it all setup...

Here is an example of attaching an image to your post...

Attachments

• turkey-feast.jpg
    turkey-feast.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 205
I'll look around, thanks

Thank you, Andy... I'll do some reading and try to figure it out :(

Some of this 'puter stuff isn't my strong suit.. like, I need a seeing eye dog or something when it comes to figuring stuff out.

I did try the [image] command and it just printed it in plain text. And I was trying to post off my homepage... do I have to upload to the photo album here? or pull the picture off my hard disk locally...

I'll hunt around the FAQ and stuff and it probably tells me....

choclatechef

You said (I don't know how to do a quote yet:rolleyes:

"Well, if you check out the responses to the few posts I made on C2C, I think you will see what I mean. :sick: But hey, if you like it there, more power to you. Different strokes for different folks I say."

I did check and I couldn't find any posts from you aka "choclatechef" in the last year... but you might be using a different user name. I know several people here post there with different names

...and HEY... I understand fully. As I said earlier, it's not a site for everyone/everything.

I posted a question once about using raw rice instead of cooked rice in stuffed peppers and the thread died unceremoniously :(. The "chefs" ain't too big on "comfort food" stuff!

Anyway, thank you for the warm "welcome back" post.
dave

You are welcome.....

And I appreciate your doing a search for my posts. It means you took what I said as seriously as I did. I was/am choclatechef there also.

Thank you once again for being open minded....

Welcome back Lutzzz we are always glad to meet new people you were here before me and it is nice you came back to try us out again. I hope you stay and please always feel welcome here.

Back
Top Bottom