Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, PF. You must have low resistance. I can look and look and still not buy. Either I have a high resistance to shopping, or a very high level of cheapness. :LOL:
WOT?!?! Shaming someone for buying kitchen candy? :eek: Here on DC? And you started this thread!! :wacko: YEESH!!! :chef:

Cooking became more of a hobby than a necessity when I cut my working hours to part time four years ago. Since then I've bought way more cooking toys than I need. Want is a different story. If I were to list what I have in my kitchen I'm sure I would be way up there on the list of people having an excessive amount of stuff. But, it's one of the things I do for fun.

My other major interest is cycling. I have 4 bikes, and between them I typically ride 3,000 to 3,500 miles per year. Not that I need 4, but having a variety makes it more enjoyable. Besides, it's a good counter to my eating, and my doctor encourages it.

Interesting that this tool is generally referred to as a dough whisk or Danish dough whisk but the description in the KA catalog describes its use for batters. Clearly wouldn't work on dough.

Actually, Andy, it does work. I use for dough (bread) up to the point of turning it out on the board to knead. Also for ciabatta which is so sticky.

1. I do not have a newer model mixer. Bread dough climbs up the beaters. No paddle or whisk attachments.

2. Hanging on to a 1200 lb. horse that suddenly decides that bush is hiding a lion.

3. Slinging bales of hay to stack and to clear a fence also helped.

and 4. Stacking and carrying logs for the fire to heat the house all week long

:D

But really - kneading bread it isn't that bad - it is also therapeutic - punching it down and smacking it around is very soul satisfying.

Have not had to do 2,3,4 in the last couple of years but the arthritic hands are still workable. Even managed to hang on to a couple of colts freaking out while being moved around. Was more worried about being knocked off balance and stepped on.

Right here is a perfect example of why things go sideways online. NO tone of voice, no inflection on certain words...nada when it comes to intent and emotions. So, I go stepping in it...again, probably. :ermm:

Sorry, PF. You must have low resistance...
This ^
For me it is worth the $8 to bring me a little joy! I was good, didn't spend more than $50, I could have spent that much on books or movies, this time I treated my culinary self.
Resulted in this ^

What I should have said was "Sorry, PF. Didn't mean to tempt you if you were trying to not spend money. You.....(rest of post)

WOT?!?! Shaming someone for buying kitchen candy? :eek: Here on DC? And you started this thread!! :wacko: YEESH!!! :chef:...
ten, I don't know if this is serious or tongue-in-cheek. :LOL: I'm going to figure you were poking at me in jest. Let me say it loud and clear, I will never ever ever pick on anyone for spending money on kitchen gear, or gear for whatever hobby brings them joy. No matter how a post sounds, I get pleasure out of anyone indulging in happy things. Unless it's Himself and we have a tight budget that particular month and he decides he just has to have that woodworking tool right now...or that add-on for his telescope right now...or why can't he take on hobbies that need only $8 bread whisks? :ermm:

After all of my "blah blah blah" above, I want to show you my new toy. [emoji16] Every time someone would mention some website or another offering an Instant Pot on sale, I'd go through the pros and cons of getting one. Always passed. Well, I was doing some grocery shopping at Aldi today. They had their version of the Instant Pot on display. Selling for $39.95? How could I resist? The workers said they have had no complaints about them, and pointed out the 3-year warranty. Well, one of them followed me home. [emoji38]
Itza gonna be a hot one the first half of the week. I think I'll play with my new toy. IMG_20180825_223600038.jpg

ten, I don't know if this is serious or tongue-in-cheek. :LOL: I'm going to figure you were poking at me in jest.
I thought the overreaction and smiley made it clear, but if not, the comment was made in jest. I didn't think you were picking on PF, either, but just making a comment. Putting it all together, it became a situation that was quite funny (from a certain perspective), and deserved a response. Kind of like the typo or incorrectly worded email sent around the company that has an unintended meaning that turns into office humor.

After all of my "blah blah blah" above, I want to show you my new toy. [emoji16] Every time someone would mention some website or another offering an Instant Pot on sale, I'd go through the pros and cons of getting one. Always passed. Well, I was doing some grocery shopping at Aldi today. They had their version of the Instant Pot on display. Selling for $39.95? How could I resist? The workers said they have had no complaints about them, and pointed out the 3-year warranty. Well, one of them followed me home. [emoji38]
Itza gonna be a hot one the first half of the week. I think I'll play with my new toy.View attachment 31208

I do believe you will enjoy it... I do mine.. :)

Ross

CGoddess - I, for one, never dreamed it could be anything but jest. I was chuckling at each post. It's like listening to siblings carrying on. I love it!

Itza gonna be a hot one the first half of the week. I think I'll play with my new toy.View attachment 31208
You need one of these..

https://www.amazon.com/Must-Resist-Bought-Shopaholic-BCBGMAXAZRIA/dp/B01DDWI6PM

Last edited:
:LOL: No, I don't. ;) I'm a real cheapskate. I learned from the best - my Mom. She said that she squeezed the nickel so hard the buffalo would poop dimes. :LOL: Still, we never lacked anything.

In my past I was freer with my/our money. Not crazy, mind you, since we were saving for a house from the day we were married. Still, one year for Christmas, Himself went to one of those T-shirt printing stores and got me a customized T-shirt. It said "Emo, Ergo, Sum*". :LOL: Then we had kids, and I grabbed the checkbook and credit cards and, like a turtle going into hiding, I pulled them into my shell. Every once in a while I poke a hand out to make a purchase. The price on this was low enough that yesterday was one of those days. :LOL:

*I shop. Therefore, I am."

Back
Top Bottom