Thursday Dinner - 3/9/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made meatloaf, baked potato with sour cream and bacon, and green beans almandine.

It really hit the spot AND I have meatloaf leftover for sandwiches!

Pizza night.........

img_1502230_0_a07ae333093b724ee22f8b01198d5903.jpg

SC brought home three lbs. of asparagus on sale. Yeah!!

We know how we like it cooked so we cooked a lb. with snapped ends discarded, and did a massage treatment in a plastic bag of EVOO with salt/garlic powder/Italian seasoning. Nothing can season asparagus better than doing it that way imo. One layer in the toaster oven till just barely crisp tender and it's perfect for us.

With the asparagus, we had browned loin pork chops that had been previously brined and simmered with a mushroom/wine/Dijon cream sauce.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, asparagus with pork on the side. Sounds good.

I was 36,000 feet in the air at dinner time, but I did have a tasty lunch at San Jose airport. There is a place there called Tres Gringos that makes good street-style tacos. Today I went with carnitas tacos. They were good. Spicy, but with good flavor.

It looks like I'll be working in Dallas this weekend, so I can do some cooking.

CD

We had a jumble of Italian sausage, caramelized Vidalias, and bell peppers. The peppers were on sale ($1.49 a pound!) and the display looked so pretty. When I came home I told Himself I had changed the supper menu and he said "what else is new?". :LOL: I do have a reputation...

Attachments

• 2017-03-09 22.51.47.jpg
    2017-03-09 22.51.47.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 134
Was late getting home from business trip and my wife went out with the girls group from church. Went spelunking came up with some wings and cheese sticks.

I ended up putting together a dinner of several things that needed to be used up. I roasted a chicken breast in the toaster oven, sautéed garlic and bell peppers in oil with Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle and boiled the rest of a partially used container of fresh tortellini. Shredded the chicken, mixed everything together and served it with toasted homemade bread.
0309172000a_HDR.jpg

Chili served over brown rice topped with cheese and scallions last night.

Back
Top Bottom