Sunday 3/12/17 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I had homemade plain yogurt (1/2 serving with coffee powder added and 1/2 serving with coconut extract added).

Then I made homemade apple sauce.

Lunch will be leftover corned beef.

Dinner will probably be waffles (made using whey from the yogurt).

I think the Elders are have pastrami sandwiches on homemade Swedish Rye bread. The pastrami is from yesterday (smoked it in my new toy). Oh, and Meyer lemon pie for dessert. I probably will have to figure out a side or two...

Going over to daughter and SIL's for dinner, but I'm doing the catering. Bolognese is in the slow cooker, and I'll be making a batch of fresh tagliatelle shortly. Garden salad is already made, and I picked up a baguette from the bakery this morning. While I was there I grabbed a few raspberry chocolate chip brownies for dessert. Grandson goes to bed around 6:00, so we'll be having dinner after he conks out.

I have a photoshoot this afternoon/evening, and really good lamb chops leftover from yesterday. So, re-heated lamb chops and Stouffer's mac and cheese look like the quick and easy supper for tonight.

CD

I made several pounds of sausage yesterday. I have about two pounds of pork shoulder trimmings, so I'm making pork ragu and will serve it over pappardelle pasta. I think I'll make sautéed Swiss chard from the garden to go with it.

Clam chowdah with BTB lobstah base. Because why not, and I just noticed we have 8 cans of minced clams. Also noticed I'm low on tomato paste.

Need beef. Had enough chickie and piggy this week so...

We'll have grilled flatiron steak seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning. Sides will be a baked Vidalia onion (well made in stem end, add tablespoon butter and beef bouillon cube and bake, covered), and a nice baked russet. No need for dessert. We've been not so into sweets recently but I'm fe elingwithdrawal is on it's way.

I made several pounds of sausage yesterday. I have about two pounds of pork shoulder trimmings, so I'm making pork ragu and will serve it over pappardelle pasta. I think I'll make sautéed Swiss chard from the garden to go with it.

You have Swiss chard already? It's still freaking winter up here. Ken used the snowblower yesterday. I'm jealous of that chard! We're doing homemade pizza. Sauce is made, meat and cheese prepped, just need to get off my butt and make the dough.

You have Swiss chard already? It's still freaking winter up here. Ken used the snowblower yesterday. I'm jealous of that chard! We're doing homemade pizza. Sauce is made, meat and cheese prepped, just need to get off my butt and make the dough.

Um... I planted it last fall... ;) We had temps in the 70s and 80s for almost two weeks, which ruined my lettuces. They all bolted and now they're bitter. But the chard is in good shape (don't mind the weeds [emoji38]).
2017-03-12-18-33-47.jpg

We ended up having the Asian spice cured braised pork belly, with fresh steamed buns, hoisin, and a slaw made with radish, cuke, sugar, salt and rice vinegar.

Good lookin' greens there, GG!

Happy birthday to the young'un, whisk. :)

I built a huge salad with 3 different leafy greens and lots of crunchy veggies around 2 this afternoon, so not really very hungry for a 'real' dinner. I just shredded a little cheddar and pepper jack, and chopped a jalapeno from my little patio garden for a quesadilla to snack on. A small quesadilla, since I saw that I only have one flour tortilla left after I started shredding and chopping. :)

Last edited:
Mid 70's here again today, BEAUTIFUL! We both sat in the sun on the back patio for a bit to get our dose of vitamin D.
003.JPG
Then I heated up the gas grill and made Hoi Sin glazed Costco Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops.
I put them in a brine of salt, brown sugar, bay leaf, black pepper corns, crushed garlic cloves, onion and honey tangerine juice and rind for about 2 hours.
004.jpg
Served up with TJ's fire roasted Corn and KC Masterpiece Applewood Smoked Baked Beans.
Very yummy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom