your most bizarre fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i can hardly type mine out. zebras. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Velvet... worse than fingernails on a blackboard... If I inadvertenly touch anything made from velvet - it makes me feel almost sick..

It was **** when I was a child and my mother insisted that it was just a fad that I didn't like the stuff - and INSISTED in dressing me in pretty little velvet dresses or worse, coats with velvet collars and cuffs and buttons.... I'm cringing as I type this!:mrgreen:

Oops, I think the censor decided that we aren't grown ups and 'asterisked' the word H e ll out!

I'm terrified of spiders, centipedes, millipedes, roaches, fire ants, & bunch of other crawly things. Thunderstorms make me want to crawl under the bed with a blanket & hide. But my most bizarre fear is of radishes. I got stung by a wasp when I was about 10 or so as I was watering a pot of them & now whenever I see a radish I automatically associate it with that wasp. My 2nd most bizarre fear is getting electrocuted when I plug something into an outlet. I've seen it happen & it wasn't a very fun thing to watch!! I'm also afraid of heights & small dark spaces. OK, I'm just a big ol' scaredy cat!!:blush:

Snakes..........but the wierd thing is I used to play with gardner snakes when i was a kid but you can't get me near the things now. And definetely spiders..............especially hairy ones. I can never remember which are suppose to be poisonous so I freak and run at the sight of them.......except if their really small then I let them have it.

Bubble Gum. Or anything that overfills your mouth, really.

Yes, I know. Weird. But when I was very little, I had this recurring dream where I was chewing bubble gum, and there was too much. So, I would bite it in half and throw part away. But then there was still too much, so I would try to throw the whole thing away. But no matter what I did, I still had this huge wad of gum in my mouth! Arrggghhh!!

And no, I never woke up with my pillow in my mouth. :ROFLMAO:

Consequently, bubble gum kinda weirds me out, or anything that's really mouth-filling.

The only thing I have a guttural fear of is heights.

Snakes, scorpions, gila monsters, I was raised with them and used to collect them for guys doing research.

Yes poisonous snakes.

I can grab them, or used to be able to, without missing a heartbeat.

Used to be called upon by my neighbors to rid their house of lizards and snakes.

But put me near a ten foot height, and I crumble.

Acrophobia, it is very common. So it may not be an appropriate answer here.

But I cannot get near a cliff or even get on the roof of the house. Just get me near a height and I turn to jello.

But I can fly in a plane with no problem, go figure.

The dentist! I have nightmares for three nights in a row before having to even get my teeth cleaned. I hate HATE HATE peoples fingers in my mouth and I am a huge whimp when it comes to pain of any kind.

all reptiles,bad dreams,loneliness,death,ghosts,spirits,loosing some close freind or relative etc.

I'm a walking, talking scardy cat. Here's my list.

1. Centipedes. I was reading a book when I was little and a huge purple centipede fell on my lap from the spine of the book. Ran screaming and jumped on the dinning room table. Took me a long time to get down.

2. Snakes. They say there are no snakes in Hawaii, but many have been found here.

3. Spiders. Just hate em.

4. Hights, therefore I am afraid of flying.

5. Drowning

6. Being homeless. There are so many of these lost souls here.

Oh wow! I have a bunch but will just list a few. And I act so tough for my kids. :LOL:

1. As a child when I was sick, I used to have a recurring nightmare of a huge thumb pushing down on me, I could feel the pressure but it never did quite touch me. As an adult when I'm sick, it's hard for me to get any sleep.

2. Spiders, snakes, things along that line. My hair is long and I am pretty sure I can actually feel it rise above my head! :rolleyes:

3. The thought of a child chewing/sucking on a wet washcloth when they are teething completely creeps me out! Thankfully, none of my girls had any problems with teething, but if they did, there would be no washcloths allowed near their mouths!

4. I have also had many nightmares of running down an airport runway, a man chasing me with a knife, I run down a ramp and end up rolling which causes an avalanche of snow, I know I'm buried but I can see and hear the man chopping his way to me with the knife. I've been on a large plane for 2 trips - I really dislike flying!

i'm shuddering, guys... brrrr.... snakes and centipedes and zebras...
we have it so good if all we really have to worry about are bugs and stuff.
but homelessness... how awful that must be.
sigh.:(

This isn't really a fear but it grosses me out to watch people brush there teeth. If they talk to me when they are doing it that makes me just sick.

Real fears are ice on sidewalks (broke leg badly last year cause of that), Tsunamis (caught in that last Dec. in Malaysia), flying (although I fly all the time), death (other peoples), and things that move that shouldn't really creep me out, such as nighmares involving drawers opening by themselves or anything flying around, ew! And heights. Took a gongola recently in Malaysia and cried at the top. The older I get the bigger a baby I get.

Spiders MOST DEFINATLY, and drowning. Although we fish on large amoutns of it. If I am driving over a bridge and there is a lake i hold onto the steeringwheel as tight as i can and try not to close my eyes so i don't wreck. I drwoned when I was a little girl and i think the fear is from that.... Spiders, I will spray any kind of poison/hairspry till i see it die. Im getting the chills typing this...

Awake: I've got something weird with fingernails. I can pretty much endure or see anything without flinching but I get shivers even thinking about breaking a nail. Im also acrophobic.

Dreams: My most common nightmare has been giant waves ever since I was a kid. The kind of nightmare I dislike the most: the kind where someone is possessed (you can tell I have a good gatholic background).

lutzzz said:
My ex mother-in-law...
Wish I had one of those - the MIL that is, not DH :ohmy:

I agree with most here and say spiders. Im ok with the smaller ones, and even the garden variety. But the big, hairy Huntsman send me hot and cold all at once. If there is one inside, I just cant sleep until its caught.

Cockroaches - Thankfully quite rare here. I did squash one once in the wood pile and its 'innards' squirted on my cheek :sick: :sick:

i forgot... falling. i keep having bad dreams that i'm on a trapeze (don't ask me why) and i fall off. then i wake up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom