anyone watch iron chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blah

Assistant Cook
i loved the show so much that when one of them made a squid ink ice cream i decided to try and make it myself :chef: it might not taste good and its weird but itll be interesting...

But the people on the show that had to taste the Squid Ink Ice Cream liked it.

Love the show to death, I even re-skinned a character in a video game to look like my favorite iron chef...

img_103854_0_d37d2cd24377d4b1d915973ea452b1b2.jpg

blah said:
i loved the show so much that when one of them made a squid ink ice cream i decided to try and make it myself :chef: it might not taste good and its weird but itll be interesting...
Hi there blah, I've never had or made squid ink ice cream :shock: But I have eaten squid ink pasta with sea food...I enjoyed it but my DH just looked like this:sick:
kadesma:ROFLMAO:
good luck hope it's good!

it'll make a pretty ice cream, at least.:)
i luv iron chef but IMO they ruined it with this new version of it. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i was a little baffled when i first saw it but it combines all the elements of good tv.

I love watching it. Granted I probably wouldn't eat any of the things they make if they told me what was actually in the dish. But with some they look so darn good that if I didn't know I'd try it. I just like to watch them cook mainly. Hubby grins and bares it when i turn it on.

Nothing will be as good as the Japanase version of the show, but at least the latest version is SOOOO much better than the Iron Chef USA show.

Yeah, the curent show is at least watchable. Im not especially fond of the chefs but the challengers have been great, the equipment they are given Rocks and Alton Brown is going to be awesome once he get's used to the preassure of non scripted TV.

kleenex said:
But the people on the show that had to taste the Squid Ink Ice Cream liked it.
yeah i was thinking that too. but those guys are pros and im barely a beginner. and theres no recipe so im going to use a vanilla recipe and add the ink in.

lugaru: that is weird...

kadesma said:
Hi there blah, I've never had or made squid ink ice cream :shock: But I have eaten squid ink pasta with sea food...I enjoyed it but my DH just looked like this:sick:
kadesma:ROFLMAO:
good luck hope it's good!
if squid ink pasta is good, then squid ink ice cream must be good. at least i hope...

i hate iron chef america. such a bad attempt to remake iron chef. also bobby flay is an iron chef????? UGH!

lol, bobby flay isn't an iron chef, he's a word i can't type or else i'll be banned. hate him, nauseating little chili head.

luvs_food said:
lol, bobby flay isn't an iron chef, he's a word i can't type or else i'll be banned. hate him, nauseating little chili head.

Bobby flay is... I forget what the term in english for a badguy wrestler is but in spanish he would be a Rudo. Some one who's job it is to win often enough to have an ego and basically talk trash all the time but still be good enough to not get kicked off the show.

In other words he's the villain, some one we boo when he comes on screen and some one to celebrate when he loses. Kobe (iron chef italian) was kinda like that. In his interviews he's a good, humble guy but on Iron chef he was constantly whipping out the trash talk and acting like some pompous master, which I think made for good television.

Lugaru said:
Bobby flay is... I forget what the term in english for a badguy wrestler is but in spanish he would be a Rudo. Some one who's job it is to win often enough to have an ego and basically talk trash all the time but still be good enough to not get kicked off the show.

In other words he's the villain, some one we boo when he comes on screen and some one to celebrate when he loses. Kobe (iron chef italian) was kinda like that. In his interviews he's a good, humble guy but on Iron chef he was constantly whipping out the trash talk and acting like some pompous master, which I think made for good television.

Actually, Morimoto was the one who took on the role of the "bad guy" because he was the Chef whom the Japanese Culinary world had painted a bullseye on his back. They felt that he was turning his back on traditional Japanese cooking (unlike Michiba who was the epitome of it) because of his experience at Nobu's in New York City, and because of his natural creativity. Morimoto was the one that Japanese Culinary groups would send their best Chefs to challenge, because they felt that he was not worthy of the Iron Chef title, and they wanted their chef to take him down. Michiba, when he was a guest announcer, would sometimes have negative things to say about Morimoto's techniques, saying that he was being too bold or brash. In the end though, Morimoto became one of the most popular Iron Chefs and always made for an exciting battle because of the drama that was usually associated with one of the challenges.

Totally true, I just always found Kobe to be more of a trash talker. For him Italian was by principle superior to everything and he didint mind saying so... With Morimoto I had a hard time watching his battles due to the comentary of his badguy status... I kept expecting them to say stuff like "gee... what's he making, hamburgers?!". I guess I identified with him as the underdog which is naive given that he operates on a Michiba level of skill and creativity. That's why I was so glad to see him win the sushi battle against an oldschool edo sushi expert. That episode was morimoto whipping out the old, the new, and then pushing for the next level of sushi preparation.

It's great that he ended up on the american show (which I've only seen a handfull of eps of) since he really rises to the challenge. Like watching the guy make his own tofu from scratch in the tofu battle? Very awesome.

If Iron Chef is on I just keep on flipping the channel changer. /shrug Never watched more than two minutes of the original and can't say I've even put that much time into the American version. Just not my cup'o'tea.

:heart:
Z

****** the squid ink i had spoiled just when i got all the ingredients. and my mom wont buy me more squid and theres no way im buying my own since i cant pick out good seafood. so i have to wait till shes up to it. shes discouraging me from doing it too "since the squid arent fresh" tho i know her real reason is that if its not good no ones going to eat it and its a waste (like most of my other food experiments). the ingredients i just got will expire in may :/ its a shame.

Back
Top Bottom