A Question For Admin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I was wondering, is there a way to search
your own postings in a particular thread?

For example, I'm trying to put together a menu
for a month while we have my Mother visiting
with us.
Breakfast seems to be a challenge for me for some
reason, I can't think of a single thing, yet I
know that I've posted several dishes here at DC
on the http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...r-breakfast-lately-70240-553.html#post1526168
Please help me?!

I'm not an admin, but try this link:
Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - Search Results

Here's what you do:
  1. Find the thread you want to search.
  2. In the column titled "Replies", click on the number. For the breakfast thread, click on the number "5,525".
  3. This will bring up a box listing everyone who has made a post in that thread.
  4. Find your name in the list, and then click on the number in the "Posts" column. That should open a list of everything you've posted in the thread.

The only reason I know this is because I work as an admin on three forums that run on vBulletin software, and they all work the same (provided the functionality is enabled).

Here's what you do:
  2. In the column titled "Replies", click on the number. For the breakfast thread, click on the number "5,525".
  3. This will bring up a box listing everyone who has made a post in that thread.
  4. Find your name in the list, and then click on the number in the "Posts" column. That should open a list of everything you've posted in the thread.

The only reason I know this is because I work as an admin on three forums that run on vBulletin software, and they all work the same (provided the functionality is enabled).

OH MY GOSH!!!
Steve, thank you!
I've been struggling with this for hours!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Here's what you do:

Huh? I don't see a column titled replies.

I usually just go to the thread and click "Search this Thread", then "advanced search", then just fill in the user name and nothing else and search.

another way to see all posts you haver ever made [I think} is to log in, go to user cp, then threds subscribed to, then All.

I think that any time you post to a thread, you become subscribed. I check there sometimes for really old stuff I can hardly remember ever asking about.

Eric, Austin Tx.

I usually click on my user name, then on 'Show All Statistics' which appears at the bottom of the box entitled 'Mini Statistics'. That shows all the posts I've made for I don't know how long.

Gillian

Huh? I don't see a column titled replies.

epXV4Uw.jpg

I usually just go to the thread and click "Search this Thread", then "advanced search", then just fill in the user name and nothing else and search.
That works, too.

another way to see all posts you haver ever made ...

I usually click on my user name, then on 'Show All Statistics' which appears at the bottom of the box entitled 'Mini Statistics'. That shows all the posts I've made for I don't know how long.

That wasn't the question. The question was how do you find all of your posts (or a specific member's posts) within a particular thread? If you have made thousands of posts, you wouldn't want to go through everything you've ever posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom