Help me fix my Indian lentil dahl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elitova

Assistant Cook
Help! I put too much lemon juice in and it's overpowered all the other spices. What can I do to fix it? Happy to hear tips for next time, but I'll be sad if I have to either eat the lemon dahl or throw it away!

Ingredients:

cilantro, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, lentils, onion, turmeric

Last edited:
Make another batch with no lemon then combine the two.

If you try to mask the flavor of the lemon with other ingredients, you will change the flavor of the dish

If you get to the point of wanting to throw it away, first try a pinch or two of baking soda to reduce the acid flavor of the lemon juice and see if that helps.

Make another batch with no lemon then combine the two.

If you try to mask the flavor of the lemon with other ingredients, you will change the flavor of the dish

+1

I've never seen a dahl recipe with cinnamon. Interesting...

*I've* never seen a lentil dish that calls for lemon juice. But Indian cuisine is very diverse so who knows.

I have seen lentil dishes that call for cinnamon though.

Help! I put too much lemon juice in and it's overpowered all the other spices. What can I do to fix it? Happy to hear tips for next time, but I'll be sad if I have to either eat the lemon dahl or throw it away!

Ingredients:

cilantro, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, lentils, onion, turmeric

How about a little sugar? Extra spices?

Back
Top Bottom