Nat'l Emergency Test Alert today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was watching PBS and they had the test at around 2:20 EST.

No rockets red glare, no bombs bursting in air, just an annoying computerized voice and a long buzzer sound.

My iPhone is setup to get those alerts, but nothing happened. Psycho-poodle hates those things.

CD

We got ours about 2:20pm. Perturbed Mom - in the middle of a good scene on General Hospital. I was doing something in the kitchen and heard her fussing.

If we got it out here in the hinterlands, I never heard it. But I don't always live within arms reach of my phone either. I was gone for 4 hours on Tuesday and didn't even take my phone with me.

It feels good sometimes to not be tied to that thing. The first phone service I can remember was hard wired and on a party line - sometimes you had to wait to make a call even when you were at home. Most kids these days wouldn't even know what I'm talking about, but I spent most of my life with mostly home-bound connectivity, so I'm not as susceptible to phone separation anxiety as many are these days. :cool:

As of late...weekly emergency testing (late at night) can now be dismissed by pressing the middle Select key on my remote. Thank goodness for that! I don't need to 25 seconds of the grid testing itself out loud and annoying and muting what I am watching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom