Friday, 10-6-17, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had the saffron marinated lamb chops I talked about in the saffron thread with GG's jeweled rice, except I used currants because I'm not that fond of cranberries.

Attachments

• 2017-10-06 19.17.59.jpg
    2017-10-06 19.17.59.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Well, last night was a bust, neither of us felt like dinner, so ...

001.JPG

It was no lunch today and early supper for us today, seeing as our baseball team comes on about 7pm PST or so (go Dbacks #BetLA) and we both want to watch!!
I made a small-ish batch of Chicken Gravy, sliced the Costco Rotisserie chicken breast and heated them together. Fresh mashed with more gravy and steamed fresh haricot verts just plain :yum: I was in piggy heaven :pig: DELISH!!

Now, it was a different story for DH, he HATED this meal! :huh:
"It's too creamy, I don't like this" *please insert whiny 10year old little boys voice here for full effect :glare:
Did I say that this is the very first time that I got the `taters and gravy just like how his Mom and sisters made it for him before I came along :glare:

So I gave him a leftover Cheeseburger Pepsi and chips (heh! there's that SNL skit again :LOL:) and then he was happy :mellow:

I had some jalapeño poppers already. The main course will be some grilled chicken wings, seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper. Mama mia, that's a spicy dinner.

CD

I had Chef John's BeerBQ sauce with flank steak tonight. I ended up overcooking it a bit, both in the pan and under the broiler, but it was nice and tender. Only problem was, I didn't like the sauce, so I only ate a little bit. I don't know why because I really liked his Beer Beef Stew recipe.

This is when I miss having a part Garbage Can, part Doberman. He ate anything and nothing ever went to waste.

Oh well.

Meantime, I still didn't go grocery shopping today (too much to do, will go tomorrow), so tonight I'm going to make a run down to the local Safeway and grab a few things when I pick up my prescriptions. Even if I just get a loaf of bread and some peanut butter, that will fill me up tonight and get me started tomorrow morning. I don't like to buy too much from Safeway because unless they have things on sale, they can be a little pricy. So I want to wait and get the majority of my groceries from Winco.

I picked up Korean bbq to make at home tonight. Well, everything is already made except for pan searing the meat.

We had Daeji Bulgogi (spicy pork), and Joo Mul Look (cubed marinated beef), with ssamjang paste and shredded scallions wrapped in red leaf lettuce.

Banchan (sides) were Korean style seaweed salad, spicy dried squid, pickled chayote, and rice.

Himself and his telescope were down on the farm tonight, so I spent the evening listening to my baseball game and rolling up Gołąbki. Made a huge amount in my Mom's old roaster so they would turn out just like hers. :heart: It worked - they were delicious! And plentiful. Two batches frozen for sometime down the road, another night's worth of supper in the fridge, and what we had tonight. With mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, we had happy tummies.

Attachments

• 20171006_215805.jpg
    20171006_215805.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom