New Respect for Stainless Steel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stock Pot

Senior Cook
Since I just bought a couple of high-end stainless steel pans (All Clad), I have been cooking stuff previously relegated to cast iron only. I am finding that they cook more evenly and just plain come out better using the stainless. Not much sticking and easy clean-up, too. They go in the dishwasher, too, which is a big plus for me.

I have a couple of All-Clad skillets too (10" and 12"). They do a great job whenever I call them into action.

I'm another fan.

I only have one Al-Clad but it's a real workhorse, my 3qt. saute pan. I love the high straight sides with more surface area than a traditional skillet in addition to a larger capacity. The higher sides also help cut down on splatter.

I'm another fan.

I only have one Al-Clad but it's a real workhorse, my 3qt. saute pan. I love the high straight sides with more surface area than a traditional skillet in addition to a larger capacity. The higher sides also help cut down on splatter.
I have this one, too. It's my favorite pan. I use it all the time.

The big test will be tomorrow morning with bacon on the new 12" fry pan. I have been cooking bacon on a square cast iron griddle. The bacon fits it just fine, but I have never been happy with the results, due to uneven heating that caused the bacon to cook in the middle before the edges. That's a problem. I am hoping for better results with the new fry pan and it looks like it will hold six slices. Wish me luck, cooking amigos!

The big test will be tomorrow morning with bacon on the new 12" fry pan. I have been cooking bacon on a square cast iron griddle. The bacon fits it just fine, but I have never been happy with the results, due to uneven heating that caused the bacon to cook in the middle before the edges. That's a problem. I am hoping for better results with the new fry pan and it looks like it will hold six slices. Wish me luck, cooking amigos!

Have you tried cooking your bacon in the oven? We cook 2 pounds at a time. A half sheet pan will do a pound of bacon shingled in the pan. We roll up what we don't eat right away in paper towel and freeze it.

Almost all my cookware is tried-ply stainless of various brands. All-Clad, LeGourmet Chef, Kirkland, Calphalon (or Cuisinart), Tramontina. The best deal was a 12 piece set I bought at Costco.

No, but that sounds intriguing. Right now I just want to test this new pan out. It's an All Clad 12", btw. I could learn to love this high-end stuff.

Since I just bought a couple of high-end stainless steel pans (All Clad), I have been cooking stuff previously relegated to cast iron only. I am finding that they cook more evenly and just plain come out better using the stainless. Not much sticking and easy clean-up, too. They go in the dishwasher, too, which is a big plus for me.

Yup. You've seen the light.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom