Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh, K-Girl, your early rocks were cute, but they are getting better and better with practice! I wouldn't mind finding one of your rocks. Now we just have to vacation where you vacation, just a couple days behind you guys. ;)

my girlfriend found a painted rock on her doorstep and was completely confused by it.

I tried to explain them ... it just went right over her head, she just didn't get it.

Oh my gosh, K-Girl, your early rocks were cute, but they are getting better and better with practice! I wouldn't mind finding one of your rocks. Now we just have to vacation where you vacation, just a couple days behind you guys. ;)

Oh, what a nice compliment CG, Mahalo, thank you!

Now, as to vacay with us, next stop is think is Newport Beach California,
ready? Poor Husband gets out of his cast/splint in about 2 weeks and then starts PT/Rehab --- swimming would be good for him --- you ready?

my girlfriend found a painted rock on her doorstep and was completely confused by it.

I tried to explain them ... it just went right over her head, she just didn't get it.

:ROFLMAO:

Ya know dragn, Poor Husband (we're going to call him this until he's better;)) does not get it!
I belong to a coupla PaintedRock groups and I've made up a "label" or tag if you will to id my rock and ask folks to post their found rock on social media... he doesn't get it!
:LOL:
"This doesn't make any sense! How would anyone know what the heck!"
DSC01071.jpg

I forgot to say that ever since I got these paint pens,
my hand writing looks better.
Paint brushes are difficult to write with :wacko:

DSC01035.jpg

I also get ideas from Pinterest, but mostly the rock itself "tells me"
what it wants to say, no really! Sounds wacky, but the shape of
each stone lends itself to a design, I think anyways :)

Very nice, kgirl! :w00t: Yeah, those paint pens are much easier to write with than brushes. says the gal who still hasn't painted rocks for a while :LOL:

She must not be on any social media. I've run into one or two folks who don't get it. :):LOL:

She must not be on any social media. I've run into one or two folks who don't get it. :):LOL:

:LOL: no, she's not. She knows how to Google something though. I showed her how to Google an address she needs to go to - walked her thru it twice.

The address was exactly two left turns from the entrance to her Costco store...
and... she got lost! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

She has natural talent, that's for sure. Oh how I envy her. I can't even paint the side of a barn.

We just got back from a few towns up from us,
about an hours drive,
where I got a 5 gallon bucket filled with River Rocks
for ONLY $3 !!!

IMG_4374.jpg

I started a discussion on the social media Painted Rock Groups
that I belong to, asking where everyone gets
their rocks from, and NO, I did not want to
go out hunting in the scrub and snakes for them! :ermm:

One gal pointed me towards this Landscaping company
out there, where it's you fill it and it's yours for three bucks.
Bring a shovel and gloves, `cuz they aren't going to help you.
You can take all day long if you like and cherry-pick
the ones you want, but dang, it was too hot today :)

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

These are my latest creations.
Can you tell I've taken some time
off to hide from DH, I mean to myself :LOL:

#SpreadSomeAloha

*Short Painted Rock Story
I belong to a coupla Social Media Groups that
are centered around Rock Painting and
the activities that surround it.
An event has been planned, mostly for the little
ones and DH and I have decided that,
we would be unable to attend, but what I
did do has reach out to the "host" of the
event and offered to give them some of
my finished rocks for them to add to their hiding.
Our City is having "Movies Under The Stars"
at the town's Civic Center. There will be an
organized rock hunt before the movie starts.
FUN!!

Fun, kgirl, and beautiful rocks! Our town has "Movies Under the Stars" events too - my daughter and Tyler have attended several of them and love it. What a great idea to have a rock hunting event beforehand! :)

I've been looking online today for Independence Day rock painting ideas. :cool::)

Last edited:
Fun, kgirl, and beautiful rocks! Our town has "Movies Under the Stars" events too - my daughter and Tyler have attended several of them and love it. What a great idea to have a rock hunting event beforehand! :)

I've been looking online today for Independence Day rock painting ideas. :cool::)

I hope you're looking at Pinterest Cheryl.
There's loads of ideas there.
I can't tell you how many are in my "Rock Painting" board :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom