What are you eating Monday 11/6/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I had tomato soup for breakfast.
Planning on making some beef soup with the leftover eye round from the other night along with barley, veggies, beans and other odds and ends for lunch if I get to eat.

Dinner is planned to be Chicken wings (roasted or smoked TBDL), potato and veggie (TBDL).

27696-albums1090-picture7161.jpg

I will start with a romaine salad with southwest ranch dressing, then on to chili con carne y frijoles pintos and Creole corn bread. My beverage of choice is a 2014 Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

I plan on baking a spaghetti squash and using that for a base of tomato sauce, possibly with some TVP added, just thought of that while typing. Am thawing some cheese bread to be used in some form of garlic bread.

Running around like a headless chicken this morning...so...

Thawing one of that chickens breasts as I type this.. Will do something with that when its thawed.. :ermm:

but... y'all can rest assured that dessert is already planned, made and waiting for this evening.. :LOL:

Ross

Lunch was a quick Beef Soup made from leftover beef roast, leftover burgundy gravy, veggies, beans, barley, split peas and broth. Cooked in my Instant Pot for 40 minutes.

beef_soup_110617_IMG_3404.jpg

You might remember that DH and a co-worker teach a professional development class each year to high-school science teachers in our district. We're having dinner tonight with several people who work on it, along with spouses. I know one of the other women who will be there pretty well, so it should be fun.

This is where we're going: http://www.venturekitchenandbar.com

Big sis picked me up from my colonoscopy and took me to a sub shop for lunch. We bought two subs that were loaded with so much meat that I made two meals out of it. So dinner (and lunch) was a giant Italian cold cut sub with all the fixins.

Last edited:
You must be very hungry, Rock.

Ross, what's for dessert?

I picked up Chinese on the way into work tonight: veggie spring rolls, roast pork yat gaw mein soup, and chicken chow mein.

My son is helping a Chinese exchange student in school because he speaks very little English, so recently he asked what the boy thpught of Chinese food in America. The student, Calvin, replied that it was really good, but nothing like he ever had at home. I'm planning to invite his family over for dinner one night in hopes that they will reciprocate and I can learn how his family cooks the real deal.

I ended up at Best Buy before they opened this morning, so I hit Trader Joe's across the street for a couple minutes and picked up, among other things, some Tangerine juice and a sourdough baguette.

Then I sat down this evening and ate half the baguette and drank two tall glasses of juice. Now I'm stuffed, so I guess that was supper. :ermm:

We stopped at a BBQ place while driving through South Carolina. It was good enough. But honestly? We like the ribs from a smokehouse in Sturbridge a lot better. [emoji38]

The pork tenderloin I planned for yesterday, was put off till today.

I sliced it into medallions, seasoned and browned them with S&P and thyme, then set aside to keep warm. In the skillet I cooked sliced onions till golden and added a little brandy. Thin sliced apple and dried cranberries was added along with a mix of a little chicken broth/apple cider vinegar and a pinch of sugar. I finished the pan mixture blending in some butter, and then returned the pork slices to finish cooking. Dang, I love it when my cooking on the fly pans out. It was really delicious served on mashed potatoes.

Leftovers from lunch Sunday - marinated pork chops, green beans, and fresh baked potatoes. Baked potatoes are one thing I can't eat left over.

Back
Top Bottom