What are you eating Wednesday 11/15/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a bottom round thawed. It will be stew, pot roast or beef soup. I'll decide later.

Jeannie is shopping w/BFF today and has her gossip luncheon tomorrow..

2 days of 'clear the fridge' for me..

Of course I will probably make/bake a dessert or 2.. :yum:

Ross

I have declared Wednesdays as Asian cuisine night at my house until further notice, so tonight will be broccoli beef, steamed rice, lumpia (egg rolls) and a bottle of San Miguel.

Last edited:
Since DH is going hunting this week-end, I'm making food for saturday night for him and his friends. Boneless pork ribs with bbq sauce, making the sauce today, then glazing the ribs. A potato cheese and cream dish, so it is gluten free for one of the guys. Green beans. A sweet potato dessert layered in jars, with crushed ginger snaps (for 2 guys) and candied pecans (for the gluten free guy), with a cream cheese layer.

KL, I hope the movie is good as we want to see this one too.
S.L. I was sure hoping yesterday Dx would make Beef and broccoli. She has a good recipe. She was debating. I tried to influence her decision by saying I would stop for Vietnamese eggrolls. She chose to make chili instead.

I have a Tupperware of leftover chili so I will warm that up for dinner and add a little more chili powder. And make a little pan of cornbread. I usually make homemade, but those Jiffy boxes are handy in this respect.

Picked up a rotisserie chicken from Costco this afternoon. I'll make pilaf and a veggie to make that a complete dinner for tonight.

I'll start with sauteing some onion and garlic, add sliced leftover baked potatoes and sweet potatoes, add enough leftover potato and ham casserole until it looks like enough and then top with the rest of the pint of green chiles.

Looks like a 4B's tomato soup day here. May also have some cheese and crackers.

We're going to the movies late this afternoon, (Murder on the Orient Express). By the time we get out of there, Happy Hour with their delicious Tapa's will be starting in a great brew pub across the street. I'll try to post some food pictures when we get home.
Check it out...
Happy Hour - Oxnard, CA | Yard House Restaurant

I've been to the Yardhouse at Long Beach. The food was very good, but we didn't have tapas.

CD

French onion soup made with beef broth we cooked up over this past weekend, gruyere cheese toasts as floaters.

I have declared Wednesdays as Asian cuisine night at my house until further notice, so tonight will be broccoli beef, steamed rice, lumpia (egg rolls) and a bottle of San Miguel.
Sounds good to me..I had Schezwan pork belly on yu choy, chicken fried rice and I cheated and added some store bought egg rolls..

Attachments

• 23635621_10154937958562401_812131757_n.jpg
    23635621_10154937958562401_812131757_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 23666753_10154937957992401_1662430746_n.jpg
    23666753_10154937957992401_1662430746_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 117
These baked dishes and soups sound so good, since we're kind of in the transition to cooler weather here. I'm so ready for hearty soups and stews.

Med...french onion soup...:yum: Could you please point me in the direction of your recipe? Sounds wonderful, especially with the gruyere croutons.

Dawg...I should probably know what 4B's tomato soup is, but am drawing a blank. :ermm: If it's your NoDak tomato soup, could you please repost the recipe?

Dinner this evening was another small batch of split pea soup with chopped veggies and ham from the freezer, that I had started early this morning. I had a bowl of that goodness with a slice of toasted garlicky sourdough, and a sliced tomato from the local farm stand.

I found the soup recipe for you Cheryl: Tomato Soup, NoDak Style

Did you know that, according to artist Sanda Boynton, Wednesday was "Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day"? That's what we did - almost. Home, staying with our daughter, spending a week in our timeshare...doesn't matter. Eventually we have to have a day of leftovers! :LOL:

Med...french onion soup...:yum: Could you please point me in the direction of your recipe? Sounds wonderful, especially with the gruyere croutons.

Four servings

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 medium onions, thinly sliced (about 10 cups)
6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt broth (we actually use 1/2 and 1/2 chicken and beef stock/broth)
1-1/2 cups Gewurztraminer

4 slices crusty french bread
4 oz (or more if you like it cheesy) raclette or gruyere cheese, sliced or grated

Melt butter in heavy large dutch-oven type pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft and golden for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes. (Can be made a day or 2 ahead and refrigerated, heat and bring to simmer before serving).

Toast bread slices on both sides. Then either put cheese on bread and melt in toaster oven and transfer to soup bowls or float bread on top of soup in oven-proof bowls, add cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.

You can use the 1/2 & 1/2 chicken and beef stock or make a good homemade beef stock which we did for this last one.:yum: Don't forget that G
ewurztraminer can also be a condiment for the soup!:angel:

I found the soup recipe for you Cheryl: Tomato Soup, NoDak Style

Did you know that, according to artist Sanda Boynton, Wednesday was "Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day"? That's what we did - almost. Home, staying with our daughter, spending a week in our timeshare...doesn't matter. Eventually we have to have a day of leftovers! :LOL:

Thank you so much, CG!!

Ugh....not feeling very well today...heading for bed early tonight. :neutral:

Four servings

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 medium onions, thinly sliced (about 10 cups)
6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt broth (we actually use 1/2 and 1/2 chicken and beef stock/broth)
1-1/2 cups Gewurztraminer

4 slices crusty french bread
4 oz (or more if you like it cheesy) raclette or gruyere cheese, sliced or grated

Melt butter in heavy large dutch-oven type pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft and golden for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes. (Can be made a day or 2 ahead and refrigerated, heat and bring to simmer before serving).

Toast bread slices on both sides. Then either put cheese on bread and melt in toaster oven and transfer to soup bowls or float bread on top of soup in oven-proof bowls, add cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.

You can use the 1/2 & 1/2 chicken and beef stock or make a good homemade beef stock which we did for this last one.:yum: Don't forget that Gewurztraminer can also be a condiment for the soup!:angel:

Thank you Craig...very much. Sounds delicious....copied and saved, and will definitely make this. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom