Chairman's Reserve Vs Prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selleathy

Assistant Cook
I chose the beef section, I apologize if I am in the wrong category. I have started to see beef marked as Chairman's Reserve. I am acquainted with prime, but this i have not seen. I tried to research it but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know how Chairman's Reserve compares to Prime, thanks.

Chairman's Reserve is a marketing tool for Tyson Meats. It's their take on meat that fits between choice and prime.

This from their website: https://www.eatlikenoone.com/what-is-the-difference-between-grades-of-beef.htm

"Certified Premium
This is also choice beef but it is the best of the choice beef. It’s a grading program where choice beef is examined and the cuts considered the best are given the certified premium label. Different organizations grade the beef to be certified premium, based on their requirements. One example of this is beef that is labeled “Chairman’s Reserve® Certified Premium Beef”. In this case the organization, Chairman’s Reserve has determine that this beef meets their guidelines for certified premium beef. Chairman’s Reserve is a brand of Tyson foods."

They're trying to create a disctinction they can charge you more for.

Thank you, I didn't find that excerpt. I am in Northwest Arkansas which is the home base of Tyson and Wal-Mart. I was wondering if it was a big business ploy. Thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom