Help! ISO a cover for my electric receptacles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
My cats keep smacking and playing with the electric plugs and knocking them completely or half way out. Which is causing problems with my TV, games, cable box etc. getting turned off or turned on and off like a disco ball. We are very worried about an electrical fire if we are out and a plug gets knocked half way out and may cause a fire. Either I get a cover or get rid of the cats. I'd like a cover.

I need something like what companies put over electric outlets or thermostats so people can't use outlets or adjust the temperature on a thermostat.
It looks something like this

outlet_cover.jpg

But when I search all I keep getting are switch plates or baby safety outlet protectors.

Please help.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Innov...qid=1513013975&sr=8-15&keywords=outlet+covers

Are they Msbehaving when your not looking?
Cats will be cats.:LOL:

Just kidding, if you can catch them going around the sockets they like best.
Try using a penny can. It won't hurt them (Rattling it alone might do the trick) Just toss it at the floor next to them.

Easy to make with no shipping charges.Amazon workers would luv ya for it to!:ROFLMAO:

Aluminum cans, rinsed, dried.
Pennies, enough to make it rattle loud.
Duct tape the top closed.
Duct tape fixes everything.:ohmy:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Innov...qid=1513013975&sr=8-15&keywords=outlet+covers

Are they Msbehaving when your not looking?
Cats will be cats.:LOL:

Just kidding, if you can catch them going around the sockets they like best.
Try using a penny can. It won't hurt them (Rattling it alone might do the trick) Just toss it at the floor next to them.

Easy to make with no shipping charges.Amazon workers would luv ya for it to!:ROFLMAO:

Aluminum cans, rinsed, dried.
Pennies, enough to make it rattle loud.
Duct tape the top closed.
Duct tape fixes everything.:ohmy:

I will check site out. Thank you.
The outlets are behind the entertainment center and other furniture not easy to get to or move so that won't work.

Ahhhhh, in that case...

You can block it off. Access denied.
Maybe someone has bought a new sound bar for the flat screen tv.
Take the Styrofoam from it and snug it in between the wall and entertainment center. If you think they will climb over to get behind it. Place the can on top of it.

Tall cardboard boxes would work to. Use the blue painters tape for that.
Lets not get into how I found that out. Not one my brightest moments. :(

PAINT wall...STAT!!!!!

We one had a problem with our GR always getting his toys stuck under and behind the furniture and entertainment center. He was making a game out of it. "How many times in a day can I make Mom lift this big heavy couch? Now let's see... 1...2....3....,Oh no. She's onto my game!"
Busted...:ohmy:

I ended up using the long paper wrapping from items that were shipped.
packing it tightly under the furniture. It was a sad day for him.But a good one as well. He named himself. Trouble! We call him Trub.:ohmy::LOL:

Don't they still make those little flat plastic things that have two prongs and you simply insert them into each socket?

Last edited:
Don't they still make those little flat plastic things that have two prongs and you simply insert them into each socket?

That doesn't help when you need to use the outlet. MsMofet says that the cats are batting at the plugs, knocking them loose and potentially shocking themselves.

That doesn't help when you need to use the outlet. MsMofet says that the cats are batting at the plugs, knocking them loose and potentially shocking themselves.

+1 That's what I meant.

One shock would cure any and all future problems.
:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

None of this unplug and restart business.

Hth... ;)

Munky.

Which begs the question, just how many times per day do you need to plug and unplug an appliance from a particular outlet?

Last edited:
Which begs the question, just how many times do you need to plug and unplug an appliance from a particular outlet?
That's not the problem. PLEASE read my original post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom