Bleu Cheese and what? ISO suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I didn’t know which forum to put this in. Bread? Cheese? Substitutions? My sincere apologies.

I’m planning on making a filled and braided loaf of bread for dinner tonight (I guess I could have gone with that thread, too). I have some very nice bleu cheese that I’ll use for the stuffing, but I’d like to add another, meltier cheese, for texture, not taste. I was thinking a few cubes of Monterey Jack, but I’m open to suggestions. I don’t have access to a wide range of cheeses without going some distance to a high end grocery.

I hope that the end result will be a bleu cheese, prosciutto, pepper, and onion bread.

I’d also like suggestions as to which forum or thread this inquiry should have been posted. There are so many to sort through! One of the reasons I like this platform :)

Fontina would be my first choice and Monterrey jack a close second. Fontinas nutty, flavor would be a good match and it is a creamy melty cheese.

I have always liked blue cheese and brie combination. I have used these to stuffed hamburgers and brie melts nicely.

Fontina would be my first choice and Monterrey jack a close second. Fontinas nutty, flavor would be a good match and it is a creamy melty cheese.
Oooh! That sounds like something I’d like to try! I’ve never used fontina before. On my shopping list.

I have always liked blue cheese and brie combination. I have used these to stuffed hamburgers and brie melts nicely.
Now, why didn’t Brie occur to me? I love Brie. This might be the perfect recipe to explore its possibilities beyond being wrapped in pastry and slathered in pepper jelly (I do love that, though).

I didn’t know which forum to put this in. Bread? Cheese? Substitutions? My sincere apologies.

I’m planning on making a filled and braided loaf of bread for dinner tonight (I guess I could have gone with that thread, too). I have some very nice bleu cheese that I’ll use for the stuffing, but I’d like to add another, meltier cheese, for texture, not taste. I was thinking a few cubes of Monterey Jack, but I’m open to suggestions. I don’t have access to a wide range of cheeses without going some distance to a high end grocery.

I hope that the end result will be a bleu cheese, prosciutto, pepper, and onion bread.

I’d also like suggestions as to which forum or thread this inquiry should have been posted. There are so many to sort through! One of the reasons I like this platform :)

I was in Vegas on Friday and Saturday. I ate at Gordon Ramsay's overpriced celebrity chef joint, and it was decent, but not great. I should have hooked up with you for a DC collaboration cook.

Do DC members do this kind of thing?

CD

I was in Vegas on Friday and Saturday. I ate at Gordon Ramsay's overpriced celebrity chef joint, and it was decent, but not great. I should have hooked up with you for a DC collaboration cook.

CD
I would have been up for it, except that my kitchen is tiny, and a wrec, I have no dining table, and the space where the dining table should be is filled with boxes that we’ve left unpacked for a year and a half! But if you can deal with all of that, plus two very obnoxious puppies, you are welcome in my home any time you’re in town!

CD
I think Gordon Ramsey is highly over-rated as a chef. And as a person. And as a celebrity. He got rich and famous by cursing out student chefs on tv. And he thinks that fish and cheese should never be together. Apparently, he’s never had a fish sandwich at any of America’s fast food chains!

Fontina, a young gouda, a havarti, a butterkase, any of them are mild and soft and melty. Use those if you are looking at their mild flavor with the blue cheese. If all you are after is texture, the texture of melty stringy, then mozzarella with blue cheese will do the trick.

I would pair some cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the blue cheese and the blue cheese will punch up the flavor. I've used this combination in cheese balls, or baked cheese w/dried beef in a loaf of bread, so it would work equally well with what you are planning.

Fontina, a young gouda, a havarti, a butterkase, any of them are mild and soft and melty. Use those if you are looking at their mild flavor with the blue cheese. If all you are after is texture, the texture of melty stringy, then mozzarella with blue cheese will do the trick.

I would pair some cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the blue cheese and the blue cheese will punch up the flavor. I've used this combination in cheese balls, or baked cheese w/dried beef in a loaf of bread, so it would work equally well with what you are planning.
Cheese ball (and cheese sticks if you have one) recipe pretty please. :angel:
27696-albums1090-picture7034.gif

TIA

Cheese ball (and cheese sticks if you have one) recipe pretty please. :angel:
27696-albums1090-picture7034.gif

TIA

If I had one I'd share it.
Equal parts of cheddar and cream cheese, a little sour cream to make it less dense, then the blue cheese gives it a little kick (or you can use blue cheese dressing). Roll this around into a ball and coat with herbs or nuts (walnuts). Or hollow out a round loaf of bread, add dried beef to the cheese ingredients, then stuff the cheese in the loaf, wrap in foil, and bake, serve hot. The first time you bake it, serve it with remnants of the bread center toasted, and the top. The second time, start tearing down the walls of the bread bowl with the melted cheese on it. There is never anything left over.

It's the combination that is stellar and it would work well in a loaf of bread, stuffed inside.

If I had one I'd share it.
Equal parts of cheddar and cream cheese, a little sour cream to make it less dense, then the blue cheese gives it a little kick (or you can use blue cheese dressing). Roll this around into a ball and coat with herbs or nuts (walnuts). Or hollow out a round loaf of bread, add dried beef to the cheese ingredients, then stuff the cheese in the loaf, wrap in foil, and bake, serve hot. The first time you bake it, serve it with remnants of the bread center toasted, and the top. The second time, start tearing down the walls of the bread bowl with the melted cheese on it. There is never anything left over.

It's the combination that is stellar and it would work well in a loaf of bread, stuffed inside.
Thank you bliss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom