New Year's Day Dinner - 1/1/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a party last night and in true fasion, we had tons of food leftover...so today is leftover day..just had some smoked salmon on home made bread with Boursin cheese..will heat up some chili later..

My neighbors made a pot of really, really good chili, and I made some cornbread from scratch. We got together for a mid-afternoon meal. I've got to get the recipe for that chili, because it is better than mine.

CD

Spinach cheese ravioli, w/ Garlic , mushroom ,onion , spinach & EVOO.

39817-albums960-picture7193.jpg
[/IMG]

We had some leftover sashimi, so my boy made spicy scallop rolls, and eel rolls for an appy.

Then DW made chicken cutlets and mashed cauliflower.

My family New Year tradition has always been Oyster Stew. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to find oysters this year, but on a whim stopped at a store on the way home that it turned out had them. I scored the last two pints they had.

6qJhCgn.jpg

An Italian small plates meal, even though mine all ended up on same plate. Marinated seafood salad with shrimp, sqid, and mussels. Marinated mushrooms. Roasted red bell peppers with sautéed onions and garlic. Tricolor, green, red, yellow, heirloom tomatoes with mini fresh mozzarella balls dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Attachments

• 2018-01-01 19.10.48.jpg
    2018-01-01 19.10.48.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 157
Anyone who watched the Rose Parade could see what a glorious day we had. I know those young band members from cold places were having a ball in the warm sun and thankful to be here today. I finally saw a good use for brussel sprouts on one of the floats.:LOL:
Anyway, it was a great day for grilling and I did Jerk seasoned spatchcocked game hens and Tajin sprinkled pineapple spears, with lucky new year soup on the side.

P1010069_1.jpg

P1010070_1.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, what mouthwatering meals this New Years Day! :yum: I don't have anything foodie to post - today's menu was artichokes, various cheeses and crackers, and assorted pickles and olives. It was such a beautiful and warm day today, much of it was spent with family outside.

I did get a few pics of Tyler having a blast playing in the fallen leaves today - it was lots of fun while it lasted, before the yard crew cleans everything up tomorrow. :ermm::LOL:

Happy New Year, everyone!!

005.jpg
034.jpg

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I’m visiting my parents across town this evening and my mother being Japanese we’re having a traditional Japanese New Year’s meal..... osechi ryori

Well, that was a Wabbit Hole,:bunny: found a great site and bought her cookbook.

Looks like another trip to H-Mart coming up in the near future. My Just Bento 2 cookbook by Maki Itoh is also on it's way.

We had ham and bean soup, just right for the frigid day.

I did get a few pics of Tyler having a blast playing in the fallen leaves today - it was lots of fun while it lasted, before the yard crew cleans everything up tomorrow. :ermm::LOL:

Happy New Year, everyone!!
Happy New Year's to you, Cheryl! Cheers!

Your grandson.... he's a little cutie! You should be very proud.

A motel night so, we went to a chain restaurant and had a surprisingly good plate of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.. Comfort food for our tired bodies.. I wanted a beer but, figured that would put me to sleep right in the restaurant and I know that Jeannie couldn't carry me back to the motel... :wacko:

Ross

Am I the only one to hold to tradition? Collard Greens with hog jowl, black eyed peas and cornbread. A southern tradition for New years day meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom