Friday Dinner - 1/19/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Patio is clear, 30 F and no wind, so another grill night. Grilled mahi mahi with pineapple salsa, boiled red potatoes, and garlic roasted cauliflower.

Last edited:
SO and I are having fritatta tonight. I have red and green bell pepper, crimini, breakfast sausage, onions and cheeses and who knows what else.

I had a huge lunch at The Original Burrito Company in Tempe, AZ. The food was okay, but nothing I want to go back for. There was a lot of it, though.

I'll be on a plane, flying home, at dinner time.

CD

Friday no cook night.. We will stop for a burger before doing our weekly grocery shopping.. That will free up our weekend to go have a bit of fun..

I've been stranded at home because of the weather.. :neutral:

Ross

Friday no cook night.. We will stop for a burger before doing our weekly grocery shopping.. That will free up our weekend to go have a bit of fun..

I've been stranded at home because of the weather.. :neutral:

Ross

So, are you going down the the bay to eat a burger and watch the seals... oh, wait... never mind. :huh:

Are you getting accustomed to your new location? It sounds like you are eating well.

CD

We made the mushroom dish, posted on here somewhere, instead of swiss we used provolone cheese, cooked in a casserole. Grilled some burgers, on buns, with pickles, tomato, lettuce, and before the burgers came off the grill, put a big portion of the mushrooms/cheese casserole on top of each to get hot. Then boston cream pie. It was all good. I had my burger without a bun, no pie for me, it was good and I'm stuffed.

I have the night off, so DW asked me to make dinner.

I looked in the fridge and was inspired to make my first chicken teryaki from scratch, with a side of stir fried napa cabbage, red onion, and broccoli, and a side of sticky rice.

Wow, this was the best teryaki I've ever had in my life! Better than any restaurant, better than any sauce from a jar. And it was so easy to make. I will have to post the recipe for the sauce.

Took my daughter out for dinner tonight to an old school steakhouse. She had beef tenderloin medallions with veal/mushroom demi glace. I had prime rib with straight up fresh grated horseradish. Love the restaurant. Love my daughter. We both love beef. :yum:

Bucky, I'm really counting on that teryaki recipe of yours!!

Tonight I pan fried 2" bacon wrapped Fillet Mignons to rare perfection.
I know folks rave about them done sous vide, but we love them rolled around in the super hot skillet with a thick bacon strip till deep brown and rare inside. We had a salad of avocado/red onion/home grown tomato slices..(yep, we still have them) and balsamic/Kewpie mayo dressing. Loaded baked potatoes rounded out the meal.

Bucky, I'm really counting on that teryaki recipe of yours!!

Tonight I pan fried 2" bacon wrapped Fillet Mignons to rare perfection.
I know folks rave about them done sous vide, but we love them rolled around in the super hot skillet with a thick bacon strip till deep brown and rare inside. We had a salad of avocado/red onion/home grown tomato slices..(yep, we still have them) and balsamic/Kewpie mayo dressing. Loaded baked potatoes rounded out the meal.

As much as I love to cook steak sous vide, a good steak is a good steak. How you get there doesn't matter, if I bite into it and it is good.

A loaded baker is a great side for a good steak.

CD

I have the night off, so DW asked me to make dinner.

I looked in the fridge and was inspired to make my first chicken teryaki from scratch, with a side of stir fried napa cabbage, red onion, and broccoli, and a side of sticky rice.

Wow, this was the best teryaki I've ever had in my life! Better than any restaurant, better than any sauce from a jar. And it was so easy to make. I will have to post the recipe for the sauce.

I have yet to eat anything teriyaki that got me excited. But, I'm sure willing to give your recipe a try.

CD

...Wow, this was the best teryaki I've ever had in my life! Better than any restaurant, better than any sauce from a jar...
Our son has made his own teriyaki sauce for ages. It's also one of his base ingredients when he makes beef jerky. I don't use teriyaki often enough to make my own, though.

We had Himself's sister and brother-in-law for dinner...:ermm: or, rather, they shared our dinner with us. I made a huge pot of Brunswick Stew. No okra to be found when I shopped, so we did without this time. Himself said he could tell a difference. Didn't slow him down in eating it, though. :LOL: I also heated up the leftover creamy chicken and wild rice soup from earlier in the week. Dear SIL made apple strudel for dessert - a real surprise! Delicious. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180119_190354.jpg
    20180119_190354.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 189
So, are you going down the the bay to eat a burger and watch the seals... oh, wait... never mind. :huh:

Are you getting accustomed to your new location? It sounds like you are eating well.

CD

The "bay" here is a frozen over pond ( not a "Missouri lagoon :wacko:)... :ROFLMAO:

Truth is that I am really enjoying being close to (living with temporarily) my daughter and SIL.. And yes, we eat pretty well.. She bought a Power Pressure Cooker which we are having fun learning about.. Good practice for when I get my apartment and purchase the brand I believe I will prefer..

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom