Menu for 3/19/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reuben casserole/dip/spread, followed by sliced up cucumbers, tomatoes, and a peeled apple.

A small plates meal all on 1 plate.

Escargot
Crab stuffed mushrooms
Flat breads topped with lightly dressed arugula, pinot noir cooked onions, prosciutto and Papillon bleu cheese

Attachments

• 2018-03-19 18.48.38.jpg
    2018-03-19 18.48.38.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 122
Trader Joe to the rescue tonight with a couple twists for one of our favorites.
His Mandarin Orange chicken browned in oil with the sauce packets warmed with extra orange juice and spring onion and red bell pepper strips added to the skillet along with the sauce, served over Jasmine rice, topped with his honey candied sliced almonds.
I never order Orange Chicken out anymore, as it's far better at home.

I got a box of breaded shrimp from the store and I'm eating that, with a couple of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies for dessert. I was going to make something with chicken, but after a THIRD trip to Safeway to pick up my prescription tonight, I decided to just go with the shrimp.

I made fancy salads (romaine, prosciutto, kalamata olives, pistachios, tomato, sharp provolone) and a Brussels sprouts/bacon/scallop pieces saute. What once were nice sized scallop pieces has become more like scallop shards. I won't be buying that item anymore, no matter what the price. It wasn't pretty, but at least it all still tasted good.

Back
Top Bottom