Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I'm going to make these this year at our annual candy day.

2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
Ground nutmeg

Beat the 2/3 c butter in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Add granulated sugar and the 1/8 tsp nutmeg, beat until mixed thoroughly. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour as little at a time, when too thick, use spoon. Can also chill and use hands to mix.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in egg white, then into nuts. Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie pans. Press centers with your thumb. Bake in a 375° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on wire racks.
Beat the 1/4 cup butter until softened. Add confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in rum and enough milk to make spreadable. Add about 1.2 tsp into thumbprint of each cookie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Makes about 40 cookies

These sound yummy, I may try these myself!! Thanks for sharing the recipe...I think I drooled on my keyboard a little bit as I read through that. :-p

Oh, TG, you just gave me my first new Christmas 2008 cookie recipe!

I always make some family favorites, plus one or two new ones. Yours is a lovely variation of the thumbprint cookie, which is one of my mother's favorites!

Thank you!

Lee

Thank you so much. I will definitely add to my Christmas baking, if I can wait that long.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom