Fabulous Chicken Jalapeno Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Fabulous Chicken Jalapeno Dip

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 teaspoons garlic powder or to taste
2 ½ teaspoons salt (divided use)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
½ cup milk
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup minced red bell pepper
4 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons Tabasco sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Sauté chicken in olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cut breasts into thirds and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through but not overcooked. Transfer chicken pieces to cutting board and finely chop.

Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Add chicken; stir until completely blended. Transfer to greased 8-inch-square ovenproof pan. Bake until mixture is hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Use crackers or pita chips for dipping. Makes 10 servings.

This would be great to make and take if you're invited to a bbq or summer picnic. I like how pretty much all the ingredients are ones you'd have in the pantry or fridge any old time. Thanks for posting it Raine, yum! :)

Haggis said:
Sounds good.

Would it be acceptable to use jalapeno's from a can/jar, generally its pretty hard to find fresh ones here.

I would say it would be okay, but it will never be the same as fresh picked from the garden.

That seems like a lot of food to fit in an 8-inch pan. I think I would use a larger casserole dish. However, it does sound delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom