Asian Foil-Wrapped Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Asian Foil-Wrapped Chicken

3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
4 (5oz) chicken breast halves
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced ½ inch thick
½ lb. snow peas
½ cup sliced water chestnuts
2 scallions, chopped
2 cups hot cooked rice

Preheat oven to 500º. Spray four 12-inch square sheets of foil with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Place 1 chicken breast half on each foil square and fold edges up but not over the chicken. Scatter red pepper strips, snow peas, water chestnuts, and scallions evenly over each 4 chicken breasts. Spoon equal amounts of the soy sauce mixture over the vegetables. Fold the foil over the chicken and roll edges up tightly to seal. Place the foil packets on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Check for doneness by opening one of the foil packets to see if the chicken is firm and juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Serve with rice.

Last edited:
Hey, this looks like it would be great on the BBQ. Thanks SierraCook. I will try it out too.

I have always loved this stuff! As a kid I didn't like chinese food at all, but I'd gobble up these goodies. Now I like it all, but this is a favorite. Thanks again, Sierra, and no doubt we'll be trying this one soon.
(PS - made your ham patties over rice yesterday to rave reviews)

Ham patties? Can you post a link? They sound great.

I tried this on the BBQ last night and YUM!

Thanks, Alix. I have not tried it on the BBQ, yet. I will post the ham patties in a new thread. I posted it a long time ago in another thread that was a topic on what to do with leftover ham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom