A Perfect Baking Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A perfect baking day for me is lots of bread, and cheese cake would be great.

Another cloudy, cold and dreary day out there. Going to do the gingerbread cake today. I like my family to come home to good smells in the kitchen.

Another cloudy, cold and dreary day out there. Going to do the gingerbread cake today. I like my family to come home to good smells in the kitchen.
I'm making a ginger bread cake as well. I plan to put some sort of lemon sauce on top but I'm sure who to make it or what I need. I do have a jar of lemon curd in there I could use what do you think?
kades

Last edited:
I'm making a ginger bread cak as well. I plan to put some sort of lemon sauce on top but I'm sure who to make it or what I need. I do have a jar of lemon curd in there I could use what do you think?
kades

Lemon anything can't be wrong. Just thin the curd out and heat it up. Your family will think you are a genius. :angel:

Whenever I mention cottage pudding with nutmeg sauce people look at me like I have grown a third eye! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who makes it! It is one of my favorites. It is good for a dessert, then the next day for breakfast!

Barbara, I remember the cottage pudding was one of the recipes you sent me many moons ago when the apron was making the rounds. I'll try it again soon.

Lemon anything can't be wrong. Just thin the curd out and heat it up. Your family will think you are a genius. :angel:
Thanks Addie, I can use a new name that's for sure. Hey you is getting old.:LOL:
kadaes

I'm making a ginger bread cake as well. I plan to put some sort of lemon sauce on top but I'm sure who to make it or what I need. I do have a jar of lemon curd in there I could use what do you think?
kades

Oh yum! I love lemon curd! That sounds wonderful! Gingerbread cake got pushed back one more day as I have some strawberries I need to use up. I made a shortbread base and I'll put some custard on that and then a pile of glazed strawberries on top of that. Now what shall I call that?

Alix said:
Oh yum! I love lemon curd! That sounds wonderful! Gingerbread cake got pushed back one more day as I have some strawberries I need to use up. I made a shortbread base and I'll put some custard on that and then a pile of glazed strawberries on top of that. Now what shall I call that?

Oh my gosh...call it anything you want, and call me when it's ready! Yum! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom