Bacon Fried OREOS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon fried Oreos? - And then Americans wonder why us Brits are convinced that some of you are quite, quite crazy!

Some of us Americans also think our neighbors are crazy. This is the same society that covers our pizza crust with 100+ cm of bacon and sell fried Oreos at fairs.

We've earned our status as an obese society. :)

I've always thought that with any amount of bacon and cheese, either one or both of these make Brussels sprouts a whole lot better.

I can believe the bacon and Oreos. Wow!

I've always thought that with any amount of bacon and cheese, either one or both of these make Brussels sprouts a whole lot better.

I can believe the bacon and Oreos. Wow!
I'm a one woman Brussels Sprout Appreciation Society. I think bacon and cheese are improved by sprouts. (It takes one loony to know another - perhaps I should try the bacon fried Oreos! :LOL: )

Last edited:
Enough bacon might make Oreos edible, but I doubt it.
They arrived on the market here a few years back. I thought I'd try them. Wasn't impressed and decided they'd changed the recipe for the UK. In view of what Taxlady says, perhaps not.

They aren't helped by the advert over here. A terribly pompous 3 year old giving a lecture to her "father" about how to eat an oreo.

They arrived on the market here a few years back. I thought I'd try them. Wasn't impressed and decided they'd changed the recipe for the UK. In view of what Taxlady says, perhaps not.

They aren't helped by the advert over here. A terribly pompous 3 year old giving a lecture to her "father" about how to eat an oreo.
People on this side of the pond seem to love them. I think the cookie part tastes like cardboard with a bit of ersatz chocolate. The filling is just excessively sweet and doesn't seem to have any other flavour.

People on this side of the pond seem to love them. I think the cookie part tastes like cardboard with a bit of ersatz chocolate. The filling is just excessively sweet and doesn't seem to have any other flavour.

I thought I was the only one on the planet who doesn't like Oreo's, or any cream filled sandwich cookies. :ermm::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom