Baked eggnog custard-TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had some eggnog i had to use and didn't feel like making a cake or bread, so I added a little vanilla and several eggs and some fresh grated nutmeg, mixed it up put it in custard cups, then into a pan with hot water and baked it 55 minutes..will top with some whipped cream..later..I tried one just plain, it was yummy...has anyone tried this before?
kadesma

Oh, Kadesma! You are bringing back some very fond memories! My grandmother always used to make egg custard cups for me, especially when I was sick.
She taught me how to do it, but it was never turned out as special as hers. I think it's a love thing, ya know?

I haven't, but I might if I figure out how to get just a wee touch of bourbon in it. Or maybe in the whipped cream...

Uncle Bob, individual egg custards are sometimes turned out of the cup onto a plate, and served with bourbon sauce. I have a very good recipe for bourbon sauce, if you need it.

Hey you guys all gave me an idea how to kick this up a notch:LOL:
Connie that bourbon sauce needs to be posted girl...Please
kadesma

Never can have to many..Yes post it or PM:chef:
UB would you track Connie down and get that recipe? I have to go learn how to dialyze at home and will be there about 3 hours so I need some help here:LOL:
Thanks
kades

Back
Top Bottom