Chocolate and Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguynamedrobert

Senior Cook
Hello All,
I have paired chocolate with a couple of things but they ended up being just a lot of hype and didn't work well together....what are your opinions on Coffee and Chocolate going together. They seem like a match made in heaven but I would love to hear some opinions from some coffee lovers.

I also do not know very much about the coffee growing and then post harvest production techniques...I would love to get a run down from anyone who had a knowledge of that...

Have a great day,
Robert
www.chocolateguild.com

I used to really hate chocolate coffe combos, and then, when I joined a tasting club realsie I just hated ceap chocolate coffee mixtures! They are often my favourite now.....and I love chocolate dipped coffee beans too.

although I've just realised I have not had any chocolates for almost five months ....wow, I need to rectify that!

Chocolate and coffee are a match made in heaven. There's this theory that food items that grow in similar climates or soils pair well together. I don't know if this is always the case, but it certainly holds true for this combo.

Seems to me it would be a good combination. My first thought was coffee ice cream with chunks of dark chocolate and nuts.

I've made a chocolate cake for years that has strong coffee as one of the ingredients. It's probably the darkest, most moist chocolate cake I've ever had.

chocolate & coffee???

absolutely!!!

but don't forget the booze either!

rob, maybe check out the third of my mousse recipes in my "3 mousses" post. it's a small batch recipe. the kahlua sweetens it up significantly, so keep the chocolate on the bitter side. you could also use espresso instead of regular coffee, which i think would be better, but didn't have on hand when i put the recipe together. you could also make the recipe more mellow by folding in some whipped cream at the end, as per most mousse recipes in the u.s.

icon12.gif

:) It's called mocha(coffee & chocolate) I just got some of the Folgers Chocolate Truffle Coffee I put 2 scoops of coffee and 1 scoop of the chocolate in my Black and Decker single serve coffee maker it's really good with cream.My only issue is the chocolate coffee is made with fake chocolate flavoring.

I use my chocolate sauce every morning in my coffee (hmmm I am drinking it now)...... I just started doing this in March when I came home from the Netherlands.

We often add a spoonful of lindt cocoa in our cafe au lait. Very, very nice. Also sometimes use a drop of chocolate liqueur, also tres bien!

aguynamedrobert said:
What do you think of drinking a cup of single origin coffee with a nice single origin dark chocolate bar? Think it would go well together? I need to do some experiments...

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base

I do this, not with a whole bar, but with a single chocolate baton. Its my accoasional luxury elevenses treat to have a good coffee and a good plain chocolate. Esspresso in Italy is often served witha chocolate, a super quality choclate bar would be much better,IMO.

I have a recipe for a Chocolate Pudding Cake, that's basically almost a large brownie that cooks in it's own fudge sauce. You make the batter, pour sweetened coffee over it, and bake.

Mike Rowe, on Dirty Jobs, did a thing on Kona Coffee a year or so ago. It gives a nice description of coffee production from growing/harvesting the beans, to a brewed cup. Very interesting, and a Dirty Job!

Back
Top Bottom