Chocolate Lovers Unite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: i.... er.... my god those recipes...... *breaks down crying*

NEED CHOCOLATE!! AGH.

Thank you for such an incredible thread of all things good and proper. :LOL:

Oh hey cc I am sure you can nip over to the cornershop and get a fix of cadbury's no problem!! We do have milka here which keeps me very happy, but I sure do miss that thing comes in a purple wrapper with whole hazelnut and creamy soft caramel covered with the milk chocolate... mmmm...

Hmmmm. I havn't had a Cadburys in a while. Bit too sweet on occasions, i need a full on chocolate fix of the gooey cake form.

And they look like this... are you drooling yet!?
38.gif

sachertorte.jpg

Its a beaut isn't it Brooksy? Its one of my favourites too. So many decadent things just begging to be tasted.

Heeeeeeelp!!!

I'm cooking for my girlfriend in a few weeks, and we're talking over a chocolate recipe for the dessert. If anyone can reccomend a good un' that fits the criteria, much appreciated. It needs to be, chocolatey, rich, decadent, and maybe slightly gooey in the middle.

Any ideas.

Take a look at the recipes posted in this thread. I think a lot will fit your requirements. The vast majority are tried-and-true, too, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! :chef:

cc2003btw said:
Heeeeeeelp!!!

I'm cooking for my girlfriend in a few weeks, and we're talking over a chocolate recipe for the dessert. If anyone can reccomend a good un' that fits the criteria, much appreciated. It needs to be, chocolatey, rich, decadent, and maybe slightly gooey in the middle.

Any ideas.
Here is a good one to make. The cake is better the next day and the frostin should be made the day you serve it.

Cameron

Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake​

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
¾ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake 30min. and leave in oven with door cracked. Cool completely. Frost with Perfectly Chocolate Frosting.

Perfectly Chocolate Frosting: 1 stick butter
2/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and mild beating on medium speed to spreading consistency add more milk, if needed stir in vanilla. About 2 cups.

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]
who needs a good ole chocolate souffle ?

Ingredients
[/SIZE]
  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 ounces good quality unsweetened baking chocolate (or use four ounces semi-sweet, but you must therefore reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup --Ed.)
  • 5 eggs, separated
[SIZE=+1]Directions[/SIZE] You will need a soufflè dish for this, so that the soufflè can bake and rise correctly. If your dish is too small to accommodate high-rising batter, you can add a foil collar (folded over aluminum foil, folded the long way, and paper-clipped at the ends as it fits around the top edge of the dish, to make an "extension" of your dish's height.) You will also need a second bowl to whip the egg whites in.
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Butter and then sugar-dust the inside of the soufflè dish and also the optional foil collar (best to this before you attach it to the rim). This helps the soufflè climb, and it also adds a bit of flavor to the "edges" of the soufflè.
  3. Over medium or medium-low heat, melt butter and flour together in a saucepan, stirring to make a roux, it should smell nice, and be thickened a bit.
  4. Now, add the milk, and stir well to make it smooth and keep it from clumping, and add the vanilla.
  5. Stirring, add the chocolate, and keep stirring until it is melted and smooth.
  6. Cool the chocolate mixture a bit, because you will be adding the egg yolks at this point (save some calories and use just four egg yolks, not five... it will also be lighter in weight, rising a little higher). If the mixture is too hot, the egg yolks might clump up before you have a chance to finish stirring them in.
  7. Stir the egg yolks in, mixing until smooth. Set this aside for a moment.
  8. Using clean egg beaters and a clean bowl, whip the 5 egg whites until firm but not stiff.
  9. Scrape the chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in about three additions, folding but not collapsing the soufflè.
  10. Pour into the prepared soufflè dish.
  11. Bake 20 to 25 minutes (do not check until the 20 minutes has passed. The top should be floating a bit, and look neither soggy nor over-done).
  12. Serve immediately...with whipped cream, cold, heavy cream, or on its own!

Oh my, what a thread! I have two 4-5" binders filled to bulging with just chocolate recipes - now I'll have to start a "Chocolate" cookbook on my MasterCook!!

here's my offering - love these little goodies!!

* Exported from MasterCook *
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES

6oz coveture chocolate. chopped
4.5 oz butter
2 Tb. All purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
8 oz good vanilla ice cream
Chocolate and raspberry sauce to garnish

1. In a double boiler melt butter and chocolate together. And let set at room temp for 5 minutes or so.
2. In a small bowl whip eggs and sugar together till smooth and forms ribbons.
3. Mix eggs and sugar into chocolate and butter and whisk till incorporated.
4. Sift flour in taking care not to allow lumps.
5. refrigerate at least 1 hr.
Pre-heat oven to 375
Butter 4 each 4-5 oz. Ramekins and fill with lava mix
Bake at 375 for 6-9 minutes or till it barely wiggles when you shake it.

Invert on a plate and add a scoop of ice cream and decorate with raspberry and chocolate sauce.

Add a little chocolate to that boring cup of morning coffee

If you love chocolate, try this quick version of Mexican Coffee:

Pour yourself a cup of coffee (instant or perked it doesn't matter)

Add:
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 dash cinnamon
generous amount of cream
sugar to taste

Stir everything in a mug and enjoy!

Makes getting up in the morning a lot easier when this is my cup of morning Joe (or should I say "morning Jose")

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom