Cookies for Santa tonight question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last weekend i did a trial run on cutout sugar cookies. The result was rock hard brittle cookies. I am wondering if experimenting with a slightly lower oven temp would make them softer . so if the instructions call for 7-9 mins at 375 degrees. What would hapen if i did it at 360 degrees?

Sugar cookies are delicate. I would do it at 350ºF. Maybe even 325ºF. What did your recipe say?

Most sugar cookie recipes I've ever made include a small line about chilling before baking and this step can;t be skipped, imo. If you cook at a lower temp, you'll lose the slightly flaky texture of a good rolled cookie. Mix, chill, roll, try not to overwork the dough, chill again and bake. 375 sounds right to me.

Sugar Cookies Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

Janet, I find that every time I make sugar cookies and chill before rolling the dough is rock hard and crumbly. So, I don't chill until after rolling and then it is too soft and even though I chill before baking they lose their shape.

I am a baker and can make fancy desserts but am stumped by the simple sugar cookie. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom