Doughnuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik.f.Dowell

Assistant Cook
alright, so i am taking culinary classes and one of which is a 'introduction to baking and pastry production' so its all about making it from scratch..

We have a semester long doughnut competition where each class time a different person makes a doughnut of whatever style, flavors, etc. So far ive seen some cool stuff and some really off the wall doughnuts (loaded baked potato doughnut)

My in-class cooking partner and i are choosing a play on smores, making a dark chocolate dough/pastry and drizzling over it with a marshmallow cream..with possibly a hint of cinn./nutmeg and finally topped off with a graham cracker crumble.

I usually try to take a bunch of pics, so hopefully i can post some pictures up here later this week..my class is early tom. morning so lets hope it turns out well.
:chef:
erik.

Hey, Erik, that's a top of the class idea!
I was right. I knew that we would be on the lopsided receiving end with you joining DC. Welcome. Good luck with the donuts.

alright, so i am taking culinary classes and one of which is a 'introduction to baking and pastry production' so its all about making it from scratch..

We have a semester long doughnut competition where each class time a different person makes a doughnut of whatever style, flavors, etc. So far ive seen some cool stuff and some really off the wall doughnuts (loaded baked potato doughnut)

My in-class cooking partner and i are choosing a play on smores, making a dark chocolate dough/pastry and drizzling over it with a marshmallow cream..with possibly a hint of cinn./nutmeg and finally topped off with a graham cracker crumble.

I usually try to take a bunch of pics, so hopefully i can post some pictures up here later this week..my class is early tom. morning so lets hope it turns out well.
:chef:
erik.

Not to change your plan, because the donut sounds great, but had a thought - how about a chocolate donut, filled with marshmallow cream, with dark chocolate ganache drizzled on top and a graham cracker crumble? It has all my favorite things.

Oh yeah that sounds good!! I unfortunately read this too late I will try and attach a pic of what I came up with

Attachments

• image-1585290009.jpg
    image-1585290009.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 192
Back
Top Bottom