Favorite Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm??? my very last dessert ever??? easiest question i was ever asked!!!

that would be my own apple pie, set atop a fresh peach & rhubarb cobbler, surrounded by brownies, all of which were fresh out of the oven, layered on top with alternating squares of frozen chocolate & raspberry mousse, on which sat a black forest cake topped with tiramisu, walled in with alternating anise, almond & lemon biscotti, the entire castle of which would be ornately piped with italian meringue, baked a la alaska, tall spires of croquembouche to be set at the 4 corners, a bottle of remi martin to be poured around it and flambeed!!!

and don't forget the chocolate jimmies!
icon12.gif

legend_018 said:
Wow, that looks so so good. I"m not sure if it would be too much chocolate for me though. I keep looking at it "lol".

toni1948 said:
what is opera cake?

Toni

Never mind opera cake, what's too much chocolate?

philso said:
hmmm??? my very last dessert ever??? easiest question i was ever asked!!!

that would be my own apple pie, set atop a fresh peach & rhubarb cobbler, surrounded by brownies, all of which were fresh out of the oven, layered on top with alternating squares of frozen chocolate & raspberry mousse, on which sat a black forest cake topped with tiramisu, walled in with alternating anise, almond & lemon biscotti, the entire castle of which would be ornately piped with italian meringue, baked a la alaska, tall spires of croquembouche to be set at the 4 corners, a bottle of remi martin to be poured around it and flambeed!!!

and don't forget the chocolate jimmies!
icon12.gif

:LOL: :ohmy: :LOL: :ohmy: it might well prove the last!:LOL: .......................

My favourite dessert of all time is Apple Crumble without ice cream (I like to taste the apples).

~SJ

I'd have a four way tie with Mincemeat Pie, German Chocolate cake with triple the frosting, and a good tart (and I do mean tart) Key Lime pie, and a tart Lemon Meringue Pie.

My Abuelitas homemade Flan ... the whole thing, i'd even have to lick the carmelized sugar sauce out of the bottom of the platter.

I remember being younger, around ten, and me my mother and my sister took our yearly trip down to Daytona Beach. My grandparents had a habit of taking us out every night of the week. This one night we went out to a fairly busy seafood joint. I remember getting the mud pie, and it being the best dessert Ive had in my life. Of course when we went down their next year, it wasn't nearly as good. Sad how that always seems to happen.

My favourite dessert in a restaurant is the apple dumpling dessert at the Swiss Chalet restaurant in South Lake Tahoe; they put almond paste and raspberry jam in it along with the apple, and it's wonderful. My favourite home-made dessert is just any really good-quality fresh fruit. That was a lot easier to get hold of when we lived in California.

Tough question. My top 3 would be:

1. Warm brownie with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and walnuts
2. My home-made Chocolate Butterscotch Fudgebars
3. Tartufo ice cream (from my favorite Italian restaurant here)

Back
Top Bottom