Frozen Zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinne

Sous Chef
Mystic, CT - transplanted from Lancaster, PA
A co-worker gave me a bunch of zucchini last week to make Zucchini Bread. I knew I wasn't going to get to it right away so I shredded it in the food processor, squeezed out the liquid & measured it into 2 cup servings. I divided it up & put it in Zip-Loc freezer bags & froze it for a few days.

I was ready to make the bread the other day so I defrosted one of the 2-cup bags. (The recipe called for 2 cups.) When it thawed & I squeezed even more liquid out of it, I was down to about 1 cup of zucchini. I then defrosted a 2nd bag, squeezed it & made the bread. Was this the right thing to do or did I actually double the amount of zucchini in the recipe?

I have a few more bags in the freezer & I want to know what to do the next time I make bread (this weekend). One bag or two?

Thank you!
Corinne

How did the bread taste? I think you are probably OK the way you did it. If you left the liquid in you would have been OK too, just had a moister bread. I am going to move this to the baking section, I think you will get more response there.

Well if they say it tasted good, do it the same way again! If it aint broke, don't fix it I say!

I agree with Alix on this. If the bread disappears quickly, then you will know it was good!!

Back
Top Bottom