Fruit flavored crepe batter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yuri

Assistant Cook
I made a rainbow Crepe Cake 2 days ago, and I used food coloring for it, and it turned out great and my coworkers loved it. I thought it would be better if it was different fruit flavors for each different color. Ex: red is strawberry.
But I don't how would that work or if it will work with the crepe batter.
Any suggestions?

I believe it would be spectacular. I would simply take the heavy syrup from canned fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, pears, or whatever, and use it as a portion of the liquid used in the batter. I would omit the usual sugar, relying on the syrup for sweetness. Or, you could poach whatever fruit you are using in simple syrup, and put it into the blender after it has poached for a half hour or so. Then strain it through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds. Use that in your batter, I would maybe add an extra egg to counter the extra fiber in the fruit, to get the proper in your crepe. Sever with a fruit preserve to match the crepe flavor.

Another idea; pour the crepe batter onto your pan, and cook until ready to flip. Slide the partially cooked crepe onto a plate. cook another crepe of the same size. Again, when ready to flip, place fruit preserves, or jam onto the crepe center and spread almost to the edges of the crepe. Place the uncooked side of the first crepe on top of the 2nd crepe to make a filled crepe sandwich. Gently press the edges together, and bake for 1o minutes in a 350' oven. Make several of these, but don't stack them on top of each other. Drizzle melted butter over the top and serve hot with a side of good breakfast sausage.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom