Goboenomo's Baking Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Goboenomo's Baking Thread (First few posts)

Here are the green cookies I made using blue sugar instead of white.

img_365339_0_7ba6341798d57c4f4ba903a0a9c38b66.jpg

Here is the basic recipe.
Code:
1 cup butter
3/4 sugar
3/4 brown sugar
2 eggs
1-3 tsp vanilla (i like vanilla :D)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
I did it for fun. My buddy wants me to do black next. :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made some watermelon flavoured gummy bears. Except they weren't bears. :P

img_365339_1_198723162efadc116d8701cc3ecf0850.jpg

Here is the recipe.

Homemade Gummy Bears

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next is Peanut Butter Balls

img_365339_2_86e40af0d4447ace2a3420d28e3c318e.jpg

Here is my second try on the peanut butter balls. I tried to make them look alot better this time. I found a way, and they look great.

img_365339_3_17c3a79a1e3740db03a33b9721830453.jpg

Here is a closer view so you can see how great they look.

img_365339_4_43b962e4427427dd42282e09e46fcff5.jpg

Here's the recipe.

Code:
1 ½ cups peanut butter, Skippy or equivalent, not natural peanut butter 
3/4 to 1 full box powdered sugar 
½ cup butter. softened 
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix peanut butter, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended. 

Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer until all the sugar is mixed in. The dough will be slightly crumbly.

Form the dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch size balls by rolling the dough between your hands. Set formed balls on a plate or cookie tray.

In a double boiler add: 

12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips, Guitard is my favorite for its flavor 
2 Tbs. shortening

Heat the double boiler to the lowest boil you can achieve.
When the chips are melted, dip one peanut butter ball into the chocolate with tooth picks. Roll the ball in the chocolate until it is well covered.

Remove the peanut butter ball with tooth picks to cookie sheets lined with waxed paper.
My friends and teachers said they're better than Reeces.

Now Macaroons

img_365339_5_d30ef8120aac114302cf03a6f64afd0e.jpg

Here is my try on a second (double) batch.

img_365339_6_fee9c3a2d2474d05eec10a3787c7da28.jpg

Recipe

Code:
 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
3 squares (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Last edited:

Truffles coated with coconut and confectioners sugar.

img_365340_0_c3f27dfe80a6176abd302e4f767c48db.jpg

Here is my second try on the truffles. This time I did a batch of white chocolate, and a batch of milk chocolate which are covered by red sugar, green sugar, confectionary sugar, and unsweetened cocoa.

img_365340_1_4f8bdc75ffaf4d23100e1de4f2914f00.jpg

Here they are a little closer up. White chocolate is on the left, and milk on the right.

img_365340_2_edc7af41af8c88768815e047304c73ae.jpg

Recipe
Truffles

I just made these Green Milk Chocolate Christmas Trees.

img_365340_3_37250fbfed63902bad2df64e1016fbb1.jpg

All that had to be done for these was, melt chocolate, pour in the mold, put in the stick, and spread the chocolate over with a knife. Let cool in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, take out of mold, and wrap as you please.
Hard Candy (Root Beer Flavoured)

img_365340_4_936b8c7e9747fc6c3d6e3908552392d6.jpg

Recipe https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8752-stove-top-hard-candy.aspxhttp://www.lorannoils.com/gourmet_recipes/stove_hardcandy.htm

Last edited:
Is this a repeated thread Gobo? I know you've already posted the green sugar cookies and the peanutbutter balls.

Yes I posted the green cookies before, and the peanut butter balls was all over the place in the other thread and the confectioners sugar thread.
I thought putting all my bakings in here.

Last edited:
I just finished baking.
I made the same 3 things I did not long ago. The truffles, the macaroons, and the peanut butter balls.
The peanut butter balls I did the same but they look alot better.
Same with the macaroon.
For the truffles I tried a white and a milk chocolate batch which I dusted with green sugar, red sugar, icing sugar, and cocoa.
I haven't tasted any yet. But I will tomorrow. I'll also post the new pictures.
Oh! I also made green chocolate lollipops.

Alright! We baked last night! We pretty much did the 3 things I did the other day over again, except better. We also did chocolate christmas trees. Please read the first 2 posts and give me some feedback. Hope you like it.

Baking again on Thursday with my girlfriend and her mom, and then going home to bake with my mom again.

I'm impressed, Goboenomo!! You are certainly enthusiastic about baking and doing a great job! Everything in your photos looks so good -- okay, with the exception of those green cookies. I think you should make a pitch to the Foodnetwork channel. They do not have any cooking shows with young hosts/hostesses. A show with a young person like yourself could encourage others to express themselves through cooking. I think it is wonderful that you have such an interest and talent for baking. Have you thought about writing a cookbook? Remember: The world is your oyster, eat it up!!! Go for it, Gobo!!

Thanks!

Is there somewhere I can submit to a food network site? I'd like to try that for sure.

I made a cookbook in grade 10, but it was just recipes I got from other sites.
None of these recipes are really mine. I changed the cookies a little bit, and added blue sugar, and the truffles I just changed the chocolate.

Your peanut butter balls looked beautiful. I have made the peanut butter ball with a recipe similar to yours. They really scream to be coated. Do you have any trouble with the peanut butter balls getting soft and melting in the warm chocolate? Do they need to be chilled first? I was thinking about using chocolate bark. How does that toothpick thing work?

StirBlue said:
Your peanut butter balls looked beautiful. I have made the peanut butter ball with a recipe similar to yours. They really scream to be coated. Do you have any trouble with the peanut butter balls getting soft and melting in the warm chocolate? Do they need to be chilled first? I was thinking about using chocolate bark. How does that toothpick thing work?

Thank you.

No there are no problems with the peanut butter ball melting, because I add so much powdered sugar. I think I added a little under 2 pounds of powdered sugar... well actually I'm not positive... I got sick of using the extremely small scale so I just poured until I felt it was good enough. Anyways the balls should hold together and be firm enough that they wont mold just by being picked up.

Now for the toothpick trick, all I did was put the ball in the chocolate, roll it around with the toothpick without piercing it, and then when it was completely covered, I poked the toothpick far in enough that it would hold sideways on the toothpick. Then i just slowly moved it to the sheet beside me, and placed it on the sheet, and just carefully twisted the toothpick while pulling up but not taking the ball far off the sheet.

So I baked the cookies in from the first post again. These are the normal cookies (no green).

That is one of 3 trays I made.

Attachments

• cookies.bmp
    150.1 KB · Views: 183
:chef: The peanut butter ones are a bit tedious to make aren't they? They are called "Buckeyes" here, and are pretty popular around the holidays. Your things look very nice! :)

Gobo! It's time you start thinking of opening your candy shop. The peanut butter balls and truffles look delicious! You might want to sign up for the next cooking challenge on foodnetwork. There's usually dessert challenges where winners get lots of $$ and reputation. Then you'll be ready to go off to culinary school to open your very own business. Keep it up! Good luck.

:)Those look great Gobo much better looking than some of the truffles Ive made before.:LOL:I cant believe a little punk like you can make them nicer than me:LOL:You are a natural.

:chef: These are all so neat! I'd like to try several of them. Thanks for sharing with us!

I made another batch of the candy this morning. This time it is watermelon flavoured. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom