I made an ice cream cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virgo152

Senior Cook
I made my first ice cream cake for my BF. Its in the freezer decorated on a plate. Do I need to cover it. Everything that I use sticks to it.

If you are serving it tonight you don't have to cover it. If you plan to hold it for more than a day, then it will likely pick up that funny freezer-smell if you leave it uncovered.

Solution? Wait a couple of hours for it to completely freeze hard on the outside. Then put some wrap over it and it shouldn't stick. Just be sure to take the wrap off before it starts to thaw!

Here is a picture. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• ice cream cake.jpg
    ice cream cake.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Looks great. One thing we did was save several of the containers cakes we bought came in. They are the ones with black plastic on the bottom and a snap in place clear plastic top. You just have to be careful as they crack easily.
Another thing we did was use Popsicle sticks placed around the ice cream cake, then placed the wrap over that so it kept it off the cake.

cake

i made mud pie once which is similar in idea as cake. no trouble wrapping was to eat that evening. it froze so hard i simply could not cut it. then i put in micro for only a second or two(lol) and then it melted . was for a birthday party so just a tad embrassing.

babe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom